Hull & Bollard Fragments being sold.

I can't believe your spreading fake news on this group especially since your a staff member.
It is NOT fake news, I believe it to be true. I have this information from a knowledgeable, reputable and credible person in the community, who has been involved with RMS Titanic Inc., for many years. There is a even previous thread on this forum, regarding the rogue expedition and what was salvaged.

Last edited:
The pieces came from Dik Barton himself who was Vice President Operations for RMS Titanic, Inc. I know him so it's confirmed.

I know who Dik Barton is. How else did he acquire them, if not during the rogue expedition?

I can't believe your spreading fake news on this group especially since your a staff member.
I suggest you read these through these links, before rendering an opinion:

I'm waiting for RMSTI to confirm it was part of their collection. They have not yet done so.

Last edited:
is the Titanic Legacy collection authentic or fake ? As a Titanic enthusiast it has always been a dream to own a piece of the ill-fated ship it may be down to morbid curiosity but, i’ve heard of the Titanic legacy collection advertised as being authentic pieces of the RMS Titanic, because Titanic it’s so famous it would be easy to fake certain things so I had to question whether the Titanic legacy collection is actually authentic former Vice President of RMS titanic Inc. Dick Barton was apparently involved with the legacy collection, he was the first British guy to dive to the rec and was a consultant for the James Cameron film my 18th birthday is in A few months time and the only thing I want is a piece of the Titanic as I’ve been talking about it ever since I was four years old I hope that awesome experts, Who could authenticate it as I don’t want it to be fake and be ripped off but I don’t wanna be lied to ,

Attachments

• D441A876-14F3-4F94-86E5-2FFD7D6A0CE3.png
    D441A876-14F3-4F94-86E5-2FFD7D6A0CE3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 69
i have an atheticated large rivit head from the hull of the titanic i aquired over 20 yrs. ago when 3 huge pieces were being restored in a huge warehouse in my town in va. where my shop was . the story is posted somewhere on this sice under titanic rivet head . i sure wish someone could refer me to whom would know if it has any value . thank you john swenson

i have an atheticated large rivit head from the hull of the titanic i aquired over 20 yrs. ago when 3 huge pieces were being restored in a huge warehouse in my town in va. where my shop was . the story is posted somewhere on this sice under titanic rivet head . i sure wish someone could refer me to whom would know if it has any value . thank you john swenson
Hi John,
I'll do my best to try to answer this question. Since there were close to 3 million rivets used in building Titanic, over the years I've seen quite a few, mainly ones that were dropped or rejected in the shipyard.
One from the actual ship would obviously have a higher value.
The best answer that I can give is this, it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
If I were you, I would list it on ebay in an auction. They will take 10% but the process is very simple
Put a reserve on it and also start the bidding at the lowest amount that you are willing to accept.
To increase the value, write up a nice letter of Provenance, explaining all the details about how you acquired it and have it notorized.
If nobody bids, you've lost very little.
If the action gets hot and bidders get in a fury over it, you could make some nice money.
Best of Luck!
William

thank you william for the reply . very informative . i did write up the story of how i got it here on this site last week , but i can't find it on here now . i will check out ebay auction process . now i know more about a rivets . it's not really about the money . it's just pretty cool holding it knowing it was at the bottom of the ocean for so long , john

thank you william for the reply . very informative . i did write up the story of how i got it here on this site last week , but i can't find it on here now . i will check out ebay auction process . now i know more about a rivets . it's not really about the money . it's just pretty cool holding it knowing it was at the bottom of the ocean for so long , john
If it were me, I would keep it. How many people can say that they actually own a recognizable item from the ship.
I'd love to see it.
Best of Luck to you.

i'm not very good on the computer , but i will try and get my wife or friend to take a picture of it and also post pictures of me standing by the hull pieces , cranes , workers , and myself looking thru the porthole of one of the hull sections . they looked so big when standing next to them ...but the certificate of authentisity that shows the side view of the ship and where they came from .. the pieces look so tiny compared to the whole side. when i got the certificate and rivet .. i never realized i needed to get it notorized . probably would'nt mean much now . thank you for the interest .. i'll keep in touch . john

i'm not very good on the computer , but i will try and get my wife or friend to take a picture of it and also post pictures of me standing by the hull pieces , cranes , workers , and myself looking thru the porthole of one of the hull sections . they looked so big when standing next to them ...but the certificate of authentisity that shows the side view of the ship and where they came from .. the pieces look so tiny compared to the whole side. when i got the certificate and rivet .. i never realized i needed to get it notorized . probably would'nt mean much now . thank you for the interest .. i'll keep in touch . john
John, I would have them help you upload those photos to the listing.
It add credibility and authenticity to your listing.
If you don't mind I'd love to see your images.
My email is [email protected]
Please send me an email and your photos.
I'm excited to see them.
Many Thanks,
William

is the Titanic Legacy collection authentic or fake ? As a Titanic enthusiast it has always been a dream to own a piece of the ill-fated ship it may be down to morbid curiosity but, i’ve heard of the Titanic legacy collection advertised as being authentic pieces of the RMS Titanic, because Titanic it’s so famous it would be easy to fake certain things so I had to question whether the Titanic legacy collection is actually authentic former Vice President of RMS titanic Inc. Dick Barton was apparently involved with the legacy collection, he was the first British guy to dive to the rec and was a consultant for the James Cameron film my 18th birthday is in A few months time and the only thing I want is a piece of the Titanic as I’ve been talking about it ever since I was four years old I hope that awesome experts, Who could authenticate it as I don’t want it to be fake and be ripped off but I don’t wanna be lied to ,
The Bollards were brass. Brass doesn't rust.
Draw your own conclusion....

thank you william and xen..have you read on this site under titanic rivet how i aquired this piece? i can't find it on here anywhere . maybe they deleted it thinking it was a scam . if not , i'm happy to tell the whole story here again . i assure you best i can it's authentic . i just happened to have my business in this large warehouse in 1998 when the restoration co. rented a huge area for restoring the 3 hull pieces of the ship . i think they were being prepared to go on tour displays . they were there a year . i will try to get all the pics i have , certificate from the restoration co , newspaper article ( after they were moved out ) picture of the restoring co. owner and his crew , and the large rivet and some rusticles . i do have friends and a past employee and others who can vouch for all this . i would not go to the trouble to try and fake all this for money . don't need it and it's bad karma anyway . i will have to include a picture of me now , that was 24 yrs. ago ...but i still look like me . give me a few days and if my wife does'nt know how , i have neigbors who are computer people . thanks to all for this guidence .. p.s they always had a guard there day and night keeping someone from breaking in . only a handfull of people knew it was there . john

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello John,
i can't find it on here anywhere . maybe they deleted it thinking it was a scam .
Your first post is in this thread; none of us moderators removed it:

Last edited:
thank you moderators for the message ..i'm not the best on computers. my neighbor will be helping me saturday to post pictures of all i have for viewing . thank you john

Back