Joining of keel with bow stem

FreddyV1975

Hey all, as some of you know, I’m drawing a 3D model of RMS Titanic. The area of the ship that I’m working on now is the bow section’s hull frames. The part underneath that transitions the bow stem to the keel is not well represented in any drawings that I’ve purchased, and so I’m wondering if anyone has photos or drawings that show it clearly? I’ve attached a screenshot of the area in question from the work I’ve done so far. The last hull frame that I completed is at the spot where the keel begins, I believe, so the transitional area is ahead of that, between frames 120-122 or thereabouts.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 4.37.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 4.37.28 PM.png
    673.6 KB · Views: 280
Good day. Looking at one of the most famous pictures of the Titanic during construction, you can see the keel like here:
titanic.jpg

Looking at this image and CAD drawings of this ship, i have come to the conclusion that it is just a straight line that goes down the middle. About the part when it transitions, you can see in Jason King's 1:72 scale Titanic model (one of the most accurate Titanic models) it transitions something like this :

Screenshot 2022-09-05 8.36.33 PM.png

Hope this helps.

The famous image does not show the keel, only the bow stem. The keel is only that part which lays perfectly flat. The part shown here is angled, and the flat keel is hidden behind the wood supports. So the transition is hidden.

The famous image does not show the keel, only the bow stem. The keel is only that part which lays perfectly flat. The part shown here is angled, and the flat keel is hidden behind the wood supports. So the transition is hidden.
Yes, I know. Here I have created somewhat of a plan for the keel:
Hope this helps

Attachments

• Keel.pdf
    87.8 KB · Views: 117
Back