Last Mysteries of the Titanic Discovery Channel

>>Maybe we'll luck out and a lot of unseen footage will be released in new documentaries for the 100th anniversary in 2012.<<

Cross your fingers. If there's ever going to be a time when something like this happens, this will be it.

Well, I finally got through to speak to someone in "Viewer Relations". After explaining the situation and stating that there is a market for it, the representative's only recommendation was to keep checking the website. Plus, the person stated that any e-mails that are sent to them asking for a specific documentary to be released on DVD, are forwarded to the appropriate people.

It's not very comforting nor helpful, but that's not the representative's fault. All we can do now is hope and pray.

I think Dr. Ballard is just out to make another buck. Any TITANIC enthusiast that is familiar with 1 Sept. '85 is already well aware of Dr. Ballard's primary objective(s), the THESHER & SCORPION. He kept his FRENCH commarades in the dark as to his ultimatum, in that allowed time he had earned from the U.S. NAVY funded expedtion. So again...who can blame IFREAMER for taking up that initial contract with RMSTI?

Final secrets, final mysteries of TITANIC? I doubt we will ever know...

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

I recently (October 2008) saw this documentary for the first time on the Science Channel (a "sister" of the Discovery Channel) in the U.S. It was really amazing to see more of the interior of the ship, particularly the wireless room and the Turkish Bath. It's hard to believe that some of the interior survived the sinking of the ship and nearly a century underwater in such good condition.

This was on the Science channel earlier this week and I taped it. I saw the original airing so this is a pared down verison. They did advertise on the screen that a copy could be ordered on Discovery.com

I still get chills when they find the Turkish baths.

Well, I ordered and received a copy of Last Mysteries from Discovery. It seems to be more or less the same as the broadcast version I taped when it originally aired. If I remember, it was originally a two hour show and this is and hour and forty minutes, so I guess minus the commercials...

No special features on this, just the show and a chapter menu. I had hoped they might throw a few extras on the DVD but, alas, they didn't. Still, since my VHS copy of the original showing has gone missing, I'm just happy to have a good copy again.

>>If I remember, it was originally a two hour show and this is and hour and forty minutes, so I guess minus the commercials...<<

When it first aired it was a two hour documentry.

I didn't think they had that many commercials in it. Some of it was probably advertising for what comes next among other things.

I still find that documentry to be facinating and still get chills when they show some of those scenes.

Just catching this again...I am still distraught about the Discovery Channel/James Cameron, boasting, to be the *1st* in history of producing a "live" telecast from Titanic? For it was the late/great Mr. George Tulloch who, along with IFREMER & umbilical attached to NAUTILE, which garnered that title! The one positive result of watching the documentary, again, is to learn that the TITANIC artifact exhibition, the largest to date, is alas coming to New York (SEE: Discoverytsx.com)
Only wish I could attend.

Perhaps I should drop Cameron a (fiber optic ;-) line?

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Back