Lego Titanic Models

Well i finished my lego Titanic a couple of months ago and finally got the pictures developed but im trying to find a way to make the picture smaller so it can fit on here but i cant so if you want to see it I will send it to you.
-Trent

Hey, Trent!

That's really FANTASTIC! About how many days/weeks did it take for you to put it together? Did you have any help? How many Lego pieces do you figure you used in all?
Don't worry about the pictures: I think they show off your masterpiece real well.

Congratulations!

Mirriam

Thank you Mirriam and Sam for the kind words!!

>>About how many days/weeks did it take for you to put it together? >>

Well, it was a long process lol. I first built it in 1998 but all the measurements were off so I worked out all the measurements and went back to work on it. I did a little bit at a time and then worked on details. I finished it a couple of months ago. I would say in all working on it like a month or more but its hard to say lol.

>>Did you have any help? >>

No, I did it all myself

>>How many Lego pieces do you figure you used in all?>>
Thousands and thousands lol I know so I could get it all the right colors I bought 3 buckets of 1200 pieces although I only used black white yellow and red. lol

Well I will stop talking now lol Thanks Again.

-Trent

Hey Parks and Trent,

Those models are terrific! Brilliant!!!

Congratulations!!!

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Titanic legos! Where did you get those? I have a 3-D Titanic puzzle and all the pieces look the same. I take it out, get nothing achieved, cuss a little, then box it up again. Maybe I will be luckier with legos.

Hello.
Over the last few months, I have been creating a lego Titanic model. However, to get myself over the hurdle of those annoying angles that legos always make, I decided to make the scale of this model roughly 1/115, or about eight feet.
As of now I am almost done with the hull, but I have not painted it yet. After the hull, I will move onto wood and other more detailed components.
I will send some pictures in later posts, and does anyone have any idea how to make 115th scale deck chairs?

I am glad to know someone else has tried this.

Jeffrey, mine was not as large as yours, but we seem to have had the same idea. Also, I noticed yours was multi-colored. I used the actual color of lego for the appropriate colors of hull e.g. black hull---black legos. After years of attempting this, I eventually gave up, never having enough pieces. I was also thinking it would never look good enough, so I turned my efforts to scale plastic models like the one I am building now, Academy's 1/600 Titanic.

Thanks

I too built a Lego Titanic. The dimensions were set for the size of the little lego people and the colors were fitting, but I could only do a small area of the side of the hull. I created Boat Deck through tank top and actually got pretty good results. The lifeboat cranes actuall lowered the lifeboat and the gangway doors would open and shut. I built a section of the Southampton pier with the boarding tower and gangways so the lego people could walk on the ship. I even created a small towncar for the lego men to cruise in. It was cool, but the model Jeffrey is doing seems cooler.

Thanks Clifton, and do you have any pictures of your model?
And does anyone know where I could go to find pictures of other large models? When I'm done with the legos I'll be doing wooden details, and I'm determined to get the boat as close as possible in scale and detail.

Back