Looking for interior pctures for a video

hello everybody
im new, and lost :)
im a little french youtubeur, and i would like to do a video for my channel, and the subject ? TiTANIC of course, but just on the interior decoration, so i have a lot of books, without any pictures with workers in the interior, who work at the time of construction (not outside, theres a lot, often it's olympic :( i search all informations too, like what kind of painting, how many, where were made floors, carpets, lino etc, maybe pic, maybe websites.
if anybody has verifiable informations, i would be very grateful to him.

thanks for reading me

Stéphane

Hi!! Welcome aboard!!

excellent question, I was only able to find this image.
1604430867522.png

have you ever seen this one before? Does anyone know where this would be on Titanic? (Looks to me like one of the Engine Casings, or Uptakes.) It is from 1910.

the more qualified people on this board will give you your answer, most likely.
hope this helped, have a nice day!

There's a few pictures of Titanic, but not too many. Most pictures you will find are of Olympic, because when Titanic was being built she so mirrored her sister they didn't think to. However, I believe this picture (public domain please don't remove) is of the carpenters on Titanic:
1604439017763.png

also this one:
1604439017055.png

hello everybody
im new, and lost :)
im a little french youtubeur, and i would like to do a video for my channel, and the subject ? TiTANIC of course, but just on the interior decoration, so i have a lot of books, without any pictures with workers in the interior, who work at the time of construction (not outside, theres a lot, often it's olympic :( i search all informations too, like what kind of painting, how many, where were made floors, carpets, lino etc, maybe pic, maybe websites.
if anybody has verifiable informations, i would be very grateful to him.

thanks for reading me

Stéphane

Attachments

• 1604438982016.png
    1604438982016.png
    771.5 KB · Views: 209
Hi!! Welcome aboard!!

excellent question, I was only able to find this image.
View attachment 73011
have you ever seen this one before? Does anyone know where this would be on Titanic? (Looks to me like one of the Engine Casings, or Uptakes.) It is from 1910.

the more qualified people on this board will give you your answer, most likely.
hope this helped, have a nice day!
hello and thanks for you answer, yes i knows this pic, for me its more the work of a marine carpenter, than of a decorator, like painters and carpet setters, but thanks a lot for answer, its cute ;)

There's a few pictures of Titanic, but not too many. Most pictures you will find are of Olympic, because when Titanic was being built she so mirrored her sister they didn't think to. However, I believe this picture (public domain please don't remove) is of the carpenters on Titanic:
View attachment 73015
also this one:
View attachment 73014
hello really thanks for your answer,

it is difficult to know for which boat this work was done, i need this kind of infomration for my vidéo, have you a link please ?

For the little explaination, that i know, the marin carpenters were so late, the decoration being the last thing to do, the workers worked all the way to southampton, it must have really stunk the paint, when you know that they are gasoline-based paints and were very long to dry. Same thing for the floor,
glued with neoprene.
As you said, the olympic to certainly eclipse the titanic, it is on him that most of the ads were made.
But i will be satisfed, to have pictures of the interior decorator, painter etc, even if it is not titanic, i just need to know where the pictures were taken, i would use them to support my words in my video, for the final works of the interior, its easy, theres maybe 50 pictures, all the same.
I imagine that we don't take a photo when we don't know if it will disappear.

hello really thanks for your answer,

it is difficult to know for which boat this work was done, i need this kind of infomration for my vidéo, have you a link please ?

For the little explaination, that i know, the marin carpenters were so late, the decoration being the last thing to do, the workers worked all the way to southampton, it must have really stunk the paint, when you know that they are gasoline-based paints and were very long to dry. Same thing for the floor,
glued with neoprene.
As you said, the olympic to certainly eclipse the titanic, it is on him that most of the ads were made.
But i will be satisfed, to have pictures of the interior decorator, painter etc, even if it is not titanic, i just need to know where the pictures were taken, i would use them to support my words in my video, for the final works of the interior, its easy, theres maybe 50 pictures, all the same.
I imagine that we don't take a photo when we don't know if it will disappear.
Hi!
1604501572130.png

This is the Titanic, looking from C-Deck onto D-Deck, the huge hole is (will be) one of the Uptakes.

Who reported Keith's message?!?!? He was just helping!

Anyway, where was this mock up of Third Class? An Exhibition?
These mock ups are at the former White star office in Cobh Ireland a few miles south of Cork , it is now a museum ,you go up the same steps as the passengers did into a replica of the ticket office to buy your ticket for the exhibition and guided tour and also see remains of the pier that the passengers went out to the Titanic from.
cohb.jpg
72877301_2431441250254348_4598820005805555712_n.jpg

Back