The Art of Ken Marschall

}I just wanted to let those of you that are interested in the art of Ken Marschall know about the availability of a special 1912-2012 Titanic Centennial Calendar featuring his art, produced by Trans-Atlantic Designs. You'll see several new paintings that are being published for the very first time, and it's packed with more information than you've ever seen in any Titanic calendar. Check it out www.transatlanticdesigns.com.

I just obtained this calendar, which is gorgeous and stunning that includes some new works by Ken Marschall. It is the only one worth having, to remember the great ship during her centennial. I highly recommend it.

Hello to all,
first post in this forum for me.:) My name is Stefan Loss, I come from Germany (near Cologne).

I have a question about the art of Ken Marschall, of which I am a big fan since I got my first book about the Titanic way back in the 80s.

On my search about prints of Ken Marschall's paintings I came across this website:

http://www.kenmarschall.com/

which claims to both sell original paintings, as well as licenses for reproduction. They also say that they are driectly connected to Marschall and that you can contact them for commissioning a new painting. I have wrote them an e-mail almost a week ago regarding the costs for buying or lilcensing a certain picture that is available on their website, as well as a rough estimation of the costs for commissioning a new painting (which I am thinking of). Unfortunately I did not hear anything from them yet.

Did anyone of you already have contact to the people from this website?

Or do you know a place where to obtain high quality prints of Ken Marschall's paintings? I am aware of the "Transatlantic Designs" website, but they only have a small amount of pictures, and not the ones that I am actually interested in.

This is the most haunting picture I have ever seen of the ship. The hair on the back of my neck raises up every time I see it. It is called "And The Band Played On"

As far as a painting I personally would like to see of Ken Marschall, I am not picky. I admire all work he feels inspired to do. View attachment 5263
Does anyone happen to know if he has a gallery or way to view his originals? I bet they are more spectacular than in the books.

Mikael, thank you for posting the image. I had not come across it before.

Colleen

The link is dead now of course given this was posted back in 2002.

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any Ken Marshall prints from Trans-Atlantic Designs? I'm looking to pick up a few but I was wanting to know the quality of the prints and whether or not they're worth it.

**If anyone can recommend other sites with Ken's prints, I'm all ears but I can't seem to find any.

I would stay at the Titanic. Something I always wanted to see on picture is the wreck of the Titanic as it would have looked hours after hitting the bottom. Before the decaying commenced. I would also love to see detailed pictures of how the detoration has proceceded along the years and also what will happen to the wreck in the future. I can see this before me in my imagination, but to see a painting of it would be great.

That's how I would use my first prize View attachment 5261
I sent his agent an email for a commission for a 1912 wreck two days ago

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any Ken Marshall prints from Trans-Atlantic Designs? I'm looking to pick up a few but I was wanting to know the quality of the prints and whether or not they're worth it.

**If anyone can recommend other sites with Ken's prints, I'm all ears but I can't seem to find any.
Are Trans-Atlantic Designs still in business? Anyone hear from them recently?

Back