NEW titanic 3d model

Hey Bob and Bill !! Thank you guys so much, this is a major help ! i'll post another test later today with the corrections. oh and does any of you have a plan or a description on the roof at the other shelter ?
once again, thanks !!
take care guys.

hi guys, here's another test render of the stern section. i know the stairs still ain't done, but i did fix the roof part though. and once again, let me know if anything looks weird right.
test2_copy1.jpg

I'm not 100% sure (though I am sure I'll be corrected if wrong), but I don't think the shaft covers were pitched to such a degree.
But I could be wrong.

Nicklas:
The hatches look ok. Here are some problems:
1. All the cranes had the controls on the left side as the operator faced forward toward the jib. Your starboard crane is reversed from that orientation.
2. The metal utility doors aft of hatch #6 were not watertight doors with handles as you show. They were smooth metal doors.
3. You show a mushroom type ventilator head on the vent in the well deck. It was in fact a Gibbs Extractor ventilator on Titanic and early Olympic.
4. The low roller cargo fairleads near the ventilator are a little small in diameter and height.
5. There is a water fountain on the port aft well deck bulkhead in addition to the one you show on the port side.

Regards,
Bob Read

thanks bob, and thanks Ryan !
i'm about to fix all the things listed. I'll make a render of it all later on, just to see if i got it all right.
here's some tests of the stern and benches. I used the plan for the stern, from the ship magnificent, but are my benches too small in scale ?? oh and just so you know the deck texture is far from done.

sterntest1.jpg

sterntest2.jpg

take care,
/nick

Nicklas:
I work in Autocad drafting programs. I'm not familiar with the 3D programs like the one you are using. Are objects dimensioned with units like feet and inches or do you just "eyeball" things? If there are precise dimensions, then I could tell if the benches were right but just eyballing them, they look to be within acceptable limits.

Regards,
Bob Read

Colin:
I use AutoCad LT on my home computer. It is a 2D version of AutoCad without a lot of the bells and whistles. I can plot my 2D drawings on paper or in image formats like PDF or jpeg. I'm not sure how the term "render" applies to a 2D drafting program.

Regards,
Bob Read

hi guys, here's some more renders of the stern in progress. now, does any of you have any pictures, plans etc, of the big metal plate below the benches ??

oh and Bob , i work in a simple 3d program, but i'm using blueprints and deck plans to make sure the scale is correct. though i did have some trouble with the benches.

newweb1.jpg

newweb2.jpg

well let me in on the metal plate-thing. cause i got no clue on what this looked like.

take care !

Nicklas:

The steel plate was an access plate to the steering engine below. Plans specify it as "checkered steel". This is a common type of steel plate where there will be foot traffic. I'm sure you've seen this kind of plate before. Below is an image of the raised checker pattern.
Regards,
Bob Read
205198.jpg

Hi all, I'm new here, just registered tonight.

Nicklas, that is beautiful work you are doing, it looks fantastic! May I ask what program you're modeling with?

Sadly I don't know enough about the technical aspect to comment on accuracy, but I'd recommend you remove one of the "P's" from the sign on the stern seen in Pic #2 from your Aug 8 post - it's "Triple", not "Tripple".

I'll look forward to seeing more renders, keep up the good work!

Nicklas:
The process of asking questions one by one on basic subjects is liable to take you quite a long time. I would like to suggest "Titanic: A Modelmakers Manual" by Peter Davies-Garner. It will answer a whole lot of these questions for you at a very reasonable price. If you want incredible detail on the subject I would suggest "Titanic: The Ship Magnificent" by Beveridge. It is more expensive but will have more answers than you even have questions. I'm not saying don't ask questions here. I'm just saying there's an easier and more accurate way. Good luck.

Regards,
Bob Read

Hi Harry, and Hi Bob !
- Harry, i use 3d max 09 and then the free anim8or. from anim8or.com a great and easy modeling software, simple and less confusing.
thank you for your comment ! and thanks for the correction. I must have bin way tired when i did the sign haha, but, it's fixed. and i'll post some new renders this week.

Bob- i'll definitely get hold of both of the ship magnificent books. And thank you so much for you help, as usual
happy.gif

hi, here's just another shot of the progress, i know there's a lot of things to fix, such as texture, structure etc, but, i'm still at the beginning, so it'll get fixed. i just ordered the two titanic ship magnificent books. so it'll be way better when i get them.

sternprogress12.jpg

Back