Punishment for entering the officers' quarters/bridge area?

I would have to review the 1997 movie to be sure about it, but I think there was a scene in which Thomas Andrews was leading a group of passengers - "the 'Rose' character " included - in a tour of the ship. At one point, while they were on the Boat Deck, Andrews remarks "Next stop is the bridge." So I don't remember if
"the 'Rose' character went anywhere near the bridge " in THAT movie ? Also correct me,too, if I am mistaken.
This is also the scene in which Rose remarks she had done a little math about the number of lifeboats, etc., to Andrews ?
I am not sure. I only saw the film once (in 1997) and have no wish to see it again, except in the "no jack-no Rose" version on the web.

Probably?
You are right, I don't know in wether they would or wouldn't on first time offenders. But I do know, when awful hits the fan ( titanic sinking ) one officer did stick his gun in people's faces and threatened them . This is fact, not a opinion or a guess. I read titanic valour, the life of officer lowe. That's why I wonder, under normal circumstances (titanic not sinking) if one entered officers personal space, how would they react , etc...

I was watching the documentary 'Titanic Adventure' with James Cameron and Tony Robinson and on their dive to the wreck, they filmed along the bow of Titanic and showed this platform (photo attached).

Does any know if this has a functional use to help carry out a job at the bow or if it's an observation platform for crew or officers?
Much appreciated if anyone can help.

Attachments

• Bow platform.png
    Bow platform.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 171
Here it is being used by the Chief Officer. Fom thar raised platform, he could both see the quay-side during docking and undocking and at the same time, supervise the actions of the forward crew
rms-titanic-southampton.jpg

The forward section of the center anchor well gratings was separate from and elevated above the gratings on the port and starboard sides.
View attachment 49511
In your post, in reference to the bottom photo.:
In the the lower left hand corner there is what appears to be some sort of a small metal cube shaped box mounted on top of a slender brass tube. There appears to be what looks like a wire running to a hole in the wooden deck.
What was that ?

In your post, in reference to the bottom photo.:
In the the lower left hand corner there is what appears to be some sort of a small metal cube shaped box mounted on top of a slender brass tube. There appears to be what looks like a wire running to a hole in the wooden deck.
What was that ?
Portable telephone. The model used on Titanic has some variations but this is an older drawing. I believe he has corrected it since.

Thank you for all of your photos, the view from those have helped to explain a lot.

I thought the platform must have had some use other than to stand on the bow and take in the scenery.
It does look very close to the anchor and chains so I hope everyone was safe whilst working in that area on ships.

Last edited:
Thank you for all of your photos, the view from those have helped to explain a lot.

I thought the platform must have had some use other than to stand on the bow and take in the scenery.
It does look very close to the anchor and chains so I hope everyone was safe whilst working in that area on ships.
Back in 1912, health and safety was last on their minds. Today, we are the opposite, we are bubble wrap.

Back