Real-Time Empress Of Ireland Sinking

Work in progress model in unreal
HighresScreenshot00001.png

I feel as though I've gotten a really good tour of the doomed liner's decks. Beautiful ship, by the way. One suggestion has to do with the borders of the water and shoreline, which are angular and devoid of trees. Otherwise, we await the darkness and fog, and an unwelcomed collier.
Incidentally, the music is perfect for this segment.

I feel as though I've gotten a really good tour of the doomed liner's decks. Beautiful ship, by the way. One suggestion has to do with the borders of the water and shoreline, which are angular and devoid of trees. Otherwise, we await the darkness and fog, and an unwelcomed collier.
Incidentally, the music is perfect for this segment.

Haha i actually just threw a single flat plane if for testing shadows, the ocean will be endless and (hopefully dynamic) I want to see what the Lusitania looks like!

On a side note, so i will be starting to test sinking angles to get a idea on how the ship sank and iv seen conflicting reports, most people seem to picture and indicate that as the ship slowly started to heel over it was slightly sinking by the stern. But most reports seem to indicate the ships stern slightly lifted before going under. Any ideas from anyone?

Looks about right for a night of freezing terror in a the currents of the St. Lawrence.
My recollection is, she immediately rolled onto her side and steadily went down by the head. It was fast and dark, and the sterndidn't rise, so much as make a final gush of air. Like the others, her bow hit bottom first, but it wasn't a long struggle.

Here is a quick Preview (Note: Nothing is done and im still learning) There is a full 14 min version but i dont think its good enough to show. I my self am not a fan of the port holes and wish i could find out out how H&G achieved the effect in their videos

Great precursor! may I suggest, although I will be first to admit I may be historically inaccurate: Shouldn't the "Empress" heal over much faster, and more dramatically? My recollection is, she took a violent list of, like, 15 degrees, immediately. I suggest the footsteps should be a bit more "panicky". I happen to like the flickering port hole lights. I'd expect to see the "Storstad" in the distance, at least fading into the foggy darkness. The dramatic loss of lighting is very chilling. Of course, we'll have to get out our 1914 night vision goggles to watch the rest of the disaster take place.
This is a challenge, but I believe you are doing extremely well with it. Thanks!

Back