Spencer Silverthorne

I'm new to this so please bear with me. Does anyone out there know anything more about Spencer's family in Greenville, Michigan. I don't live more than a half hours drive from there and would find it interesting to see where he was born and lived etc. I had an uncle that was born near Greenville who was named Spencer who was killed in a car crash and I find it to be a bit erie. Any info on his family would be appreciated. Tieler.

Hi Tieler,
I don't know about relatives in Greenville-as that was his birthplace and he seems to have lived most of his life elsewhere. He married a younger woman and had two children, a daughter Elizabeth and a son Spencer Victor. Although the elder Mr. Silverthorne outlived his son, there are three grandsons living--one in suburban Dallas, Texas and two in the Philadelphia area.

Regards,
Phillip

Thank you very much for the information. I looked up Silverthorne on Yahoo's people finder and 6 different names came up as living in Greenville. That's why I was wondering if you knew if they had any relation because Greenville is not the largest of towns. Thank you very much once again. Tieler.

Regarding the Silverthornes in Greenville, I'd like to add that Spencer was the fifth of six children born to his father, Daniel, and his first wife, Elizabeth. His mother died when Spencer was four, his father remarried and they had six more children - Twelve Silverthorne offspring total (albeit one of whom died in infancy).

His birth siblings seem to have scattered about the country as Spencer did, but his father, stepmother, and most of his half-siblings remained in Michigan. I would imagine the current Silverthorne residents are of some relation to Spencer.

Spencer's first wife, Beulah Fowler was also from Greenville (she died a year or two after the Titanic sinking, their marriage produced no children). I haven't checked but you may find some of her relatives there as well.

As an aside, the British branch of the Silverthorne clan told me, in no uncertain terms, that the name is spelled without a final "e" and that some "damned fool" had added one when that branch of the family went to America!
Geoff

Thank you very much all of you who contributed to this chat. I will try and locate a copy of that book. From now on I will post my questions here because from the looks of it there are some very knowledgeable people here. Thank you all very much. Tieler.

Regarding the Silverthornes in Greenville, I'd like to add that Spencer was the fifth of six children born to his father, Daniel, and his first wife, Elizabeth. His mother died when Spencer was four, his father remarried and they had six more children - Twelve Silverthorne offspring total (albeit one of whom died in infancy).

His birth siblings seem to have scattered about the country as Spencer did, but his father, stepmother, and most of his half-siblings remained in Michigan. I would imagine the current Silverthorne residents are of some relation to Spencer.

Spencer's first wife, Beulah Fowler was also from Greenville (she died a year or two after the Titanic sinking, their marriage produced no children). I haven't checked but you may find some of her relatives there as well.
HI Chris, I just happened to be reading about my uncle Spencer and I am the grand daughter of his half sister Lucile Victoria . I actually live about three blocks from the home she was born in. Greenville, Michigan

Thank you very much all of you who contributed to this chat. I will try and locate a copy of that book. From now on I will post my questions here because from the looks of it there are some very knowledgeable people here. Thank you all very much. Tieler.
Hi, I'm his Great-Great Grandson and could possibly find his grandson or great granddaughter.

Back