Titanic cameos

I wish this site has a section for a repository of background cameos, characters that Cameron had snuck into scenes, without overtly indicating it to be anyone, however, may bear a consideration to a certain real life counterpart. Anyway, I cannot find such topic in the archives.

Perhaps this can be an official list.

My first entry is this balding fellow with a moustache and glasses. My thoughts perhaps it could be George D. Widener on the right? Not sure who the fellow next to him could be. Seeings how a lot of the richest men in the movie seemed to have congregated to the GSC as a final death spot, it seems likely to me this is Widener.

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 2.10.39 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 2.57.14 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 2.57.14 PM.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 320
I wish this site has a section for a repository of background cameos, characters that Cameron had snuck into scenes, without overtly indicating it to be anyone, however, may bear a consideration to a certain real life counterpart. Anyway, I cannot find such topic in the archives.

Perhaps this can be an official list.

My first entry is this balding fellow with a moustache and glasses. My thoughts perhaps it could be George D. Widener on the right? Not sure who the fellow next to him could be. Seeings how a lot of the richest men in the movie seemed to have congregated to the GSC as a final death spot, it seems likely to me this is Widener.

View attachment 45072

Personally, I would say that the overall build and features more fit the guy on the left if we're to assume that this is Widener.

Another cameo that I just appreciated now - non other than Thomas Cardeza poking out from the window of the starboard private promenade, watching Lifeboat 7 being lowered. You can clearly see his moustache that this is his resemblance indeed.

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 8.00.38 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 8.04.08 AM.jpg

Hello Matthew,

It’s true that James Cameron, who is known as a perfectionist, has built 150 extras into the film, all of whom are supposed to be historical characters.

I have made some observations which I am happy to share with you.

1640606826726.jpeg

Hello Luis,

I would say you are right with Laura Francatelli, Victor Robins, Caroline Endres, Rosalie Bidois, the Cavendishs and Major Peuchen. The lady you identified as Caroline Brown is actually Helen Churchill Candee. She was played by Barbara Chronowski, who is also a member of the Titanic Historical Society.

See some pictures of her behind the scenes:

Another cameo that I just appreciated now - non other than Thomas Cardeza poking out from the window of the starboard private promenade, watching Lifeboat 7 being lowered. You can clearly see his moustache that this is his resemblance indeed.

View attachment 45369

View attachment 45370

I would say that this man standing at the window is not Thomas Cardeza. I dont think that the Cardezas appear in the movie. This man is probably a first class steward who appears in several scenes and also has a line when Thomas Andrews instructs him to check the first class cabins on the starboard side on B deck.

1640615648835.png
1640615664409.png
1640615678489.png
1640615689743.png

I would say the Allisons are appearing in some of the sinking scenes even if they can be seen without their daughter Loraine. They are seen running over the decks.

1640616564886.png
1640616574552.png
1640616648548.png
1640616694622.png

would say that this man standing at the window is not Thomas Cardeza. I dont think that the Cardezas appear in the movie. This man is probably a first class steward who appears in several scenes and also has a line when Thomas Andrews instructs him to check the first class cabins on the starboard side on B deck.

1640615648835-png.png
I think this man is bedroom steward etches and he also escapes in one of the first boats probably in lifeboat 5

Back