Titanic Survivor Autographs

Hi Jason,

Thanks! I love it. It is actually a photograph though, not a postcard. I must have 30 more from that voyage that I've not sold - there were several on board the Aquitania, on board the Majestic, a portrait of the Aquitania from the Olympic with a bit of her stern, the Mauretania, the Traffic (or was it Nomadic..) and more..the France of 1912..lots. The tinting was done quite well - the photographer actually added "wings" to specks in the skies turning them into seagulls! And it is rather unusual to see so many colors used - many tints are often just a few colors.

Best always,
Eric

Hi Eric,

You're welcome. Right, of course, you mentioned it was a photograph...just a typo on my part!

I don't think I've ever seen a photograph with so much colour used. It's fantastic!

Best,

Jason
happy.gif

Hi Jason,

No problem. Now that I think of it the France photo ought to appear in a book being finished as we speak. Will say more when I can. The photographs of New York City and the harbor are quite neat - some sunset types with the Statue of Liberty and so on. I recall there are many Italian liners in Naples and a bunch in Cherbourg and off the coast of England. This all from a world cruise in 1924. Gotta love eBay! Re the Millvina Dean autograph - I do wish to get a Lusitania survivor autograph for my collection, but I don't see them available if at all. Have you? I do have the autographs of the Mauretania's last Captain (in service), her Staff Captain, Cruise Director and Surgeon. The Captain's signature is on a personal invitation to his cabin for cocktails at 7:15. I saw one like it (but with several ink stains and in rather sloppy condition) on eBay a while back. They can't be terribly common though.

Best,
Eric

Hi Jason Sir,

My pleasure
happy.gif
I really do treasure it. I recall watching ANTR at my Grandmother's house in the mid 70's and being totally fascinated. Never in my dreams would I have thought I would receive such an item from a survivor - thirty four years later! It was that movie and JM-G's book that really got me going with liners. It's in another thread, but the signed photo was lost on its voyage back to me after bursting out of its mailer; some honest postal employee placed it in another mailer and sent it on with no postage due to the return address I thankfully placed on its holder. I was very lucky - it is obvious what it is as it says so. I mentioned the mid 70's - I have a photo I must find of me with a model I made out of cardboard, paper and such....of a bow section - some ten years before the split was confirmed!

Best always,
Eric

Hi Eric,

Now that I think of it the France photo ought to appear in a book being finished as we speak. Will say more when I can.

Sounds interesting.

I do wish to get a Lusitania survivor autograph for my collection, but I don't see them available if at all. Have you?

No, I haven't seen them available on ebay. If they are out there, then they would be rare as you mentioned.

Back