I have an original Ken Marschall painting - one that he painted for "Titanic: An Illustrated History." I bought it from him, personally, at a gallery show in Michigan right after the book was published. I would appreciate any opinion on the value. Thanks!

David: As with any collectible, I feel that much of any items value lies in the "eye of the beholder" (collector), as well as suppy & demand.
In the case of Ken Marschall's very talented hand, associated with world-wide interest in Titanic, you can rest assured your original carries a premium value in this field. I for one, adore is Titanic at Southampton starboard broadside. I aquired *just* a print of the artwork in '86, subsequently built a custom frame for it, but today I place only personal *priceless* value upon it. As an aside, I just adore Marschall's work of Mauretania (see: "The Sea has Spoken") which resides in the collection of Eric Sauder. Also via Mr. Sauder I was able to obtain a signed print of "The Greatest Work Of Man", in trade for a rp Britannic launch p.c. which Mr. Marschall admired.

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Back