What is the ocean liner in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button?

Dan Kappes

It looks like a French line vessel. The scene is set in the 1930s. Here is a GIF link of it, which looks like it includes behind the scenes CGI of it, and the scene in the film, which is set in fog.

XGTV.gif

I am not familiar with this film , but was there any mention of the names of any ships in the dialouge in the film ?
There is the name "Chelsea" in the foreground of the scene. Could this be in reference to the Chelsea Docks in New York ?
I am also assuming the film was in black and white with the ship showing dimly, as if in a fog.
The ship seems to have been drawn in and colorized to show it in the "flipped" scene.
Where did the colorized ship scene come from ?

Last edited:
I am not familiar with this film , but was there any mention of the names of any ships in the dialouge in the film ?
There is the name "Chelsea" in the foreground of the scene. Could this be in reference to the Chelsea Docks in New York ?
I am also assuming the film was in black and white with the ship showing dimly, as if in a fog.
The ship seems to have been drawn in and colorized to show it in the "flipped" scene.
Where did the colorized ship scene come from ?
No offense, but I only expected people who have seen this film to reply to this post. The name of the tugboat in the film is the Chelsea and I don't think it's named after the Chelsea Docks in New York. The film is in color and the ocean liner scene is set on a foggy day. I just got the GIF from Google Images and it shows the scene from the film plus what I assume is an early computer rendering of the scene from behind the scenes footage on the DVD of the film.

Back