News Titanic as Never Seen Before – OceanGate Expeditions Shares Glimpses of the First Ever 8k Footage of the Titanic

Jason D. Tiller

Staff member
The crew of the 2022 Titanic Expedition succeeded in capturing unprecedented 8k footage of the Titanic exposing an astonishing level of detail and colors. The extraordinary footage premiered on the OceanGate Expeditions YouTube channel today.

Doesn't look any different to previous footage and same old shot of the bow.
The wreck is being photographed to study the rate of decay. As well and to the headline of the article, the images are the clearest ones we've seen of the wreck and the first ones in 8K.

How about a look round Boiler Room 2 one of these days before the decks collapse over it?
Perhaps next year.

Doesn't look any different to previous footage and same old shot of the bow. How about a look round Boiler Room 2 one of these days before the decks collapse over it?
I didn't see all that much difference either. But to be fair I watched it on a 1080 dpi monitor. I would think seeing the footage on a higher res screen like 4K and the difference will be notable. I just got a 4K tv so I will try it there and see. I'm sure it will be much better. But now 8K? I guess it won't stop until we get to the holodeck. Cheers.

I haven't had the chance to see one yet as I guess they are just coming out now. 10 times the cost of a 4K. But that will soon change. From the pics they do look impressive. The problem for me is now that I'm getting older I'm not sure I would really get to enjoy it. I have to put on the cheaters now to get the full benfit of the 4K I got...:(. Cheers
P.S...I can see where this will benefit certain groups. Researchers, remote robotic surgeons ect ect...

Back