I'm sure Cameron could afford to pay for any rescue operations. Net worth of $800 million. Whats a few million here or there.
You mean the same James Cameron who in 2013 complained about the cost and funding of building subs and robots, he would not pay for a certification of his own sub. Not even Stockton Rush complained as much as he did.

If Cameron kept quiet I would not have written anything, but he opened his mouth to play expert (nothing new there) and I did make my point that he's a hypocrite for not getting his own sub professionally certified, and I point out how he tried to talk down Ballard in 2013 with a link and quotes. You don't have to throw stones because Oceangate fired back at him and I agree with them, and perhaps you should follow your own advice because I did not write a single word about you.
Wow. You seem to be quite privy to James Cameron's life and knowledge of deep sea submersible diving.

Cameron has made numerous deep sea dives to Titanic and to the deepest part of the world's oceans. That kind of makes him an "expert." Now, I've not actually heard him assert himself as an "expert;" but, I've read numerous posts in which you attempt to debunk any notion that Cameron is an expert or challenge anyone who might think so.

It's not necessary to wage a war of words against James Cameron. If anything, you're displaying an awful amount of hubris. Just like any other person, he has a right to his own opinions. Now, you have a right to your own opinions too. However, I don't think it's at all relevant to this particular discussion. Rather, it feels like an endless rabbit hole type of digression from the actual discussion.

Wow. You seem to be quite privy to James Cameron's life and knowledge of deep sea submersible diving.

Cameron has made numerous deep sea dives to Titanic and to the deepest part of the world's oceans. That kind of makes him an "expert." Now, I've not actually heard him assert himself as an "expert;" but, I've read numerous posts in which you attempt to debunk any notion that Cameron is an expert or challenge anyone who might think so.

It's not necessary to wage a war of words against James Cameron. If anything, you're displaying an awful amount of hubris. Just like any other person, he has a right to his own opinions. Now, you have a right to your own opinions too. However, I don't think it's at all relevant to this particular discussion. Rather, it feels like an endless rabbit hole type of digression from the actual discussion.
Yup. This.

I am not being morbid, but of all the various animations and reconstructions on the web of the Titan imploding, which ones are most scientifically accurate?

Can people please post relevant links?

I am not being morbid, but of all the various animations and reconstructions on the web of the Titan imploding, which ones are most scientifically accurate?

Can people please post relevant links?
Not sure at this point if you can say anything is accurate other than the fact that it failed. I've ran across different scenarios that seem plausible. Probably going to have to wait for the accident investigators to issue their report.

I'm sure that Oceangate's lawyers are cringing every time the surviving partner opens his mouth about the Titan.

Like when he said that he wants to put a thousand people on a floating colony in Venus by 2050.

BTW, I'm liking your book. Are you perhaps considering going into the subject more in depth? The wrangling in the courts went on for years, and it's not a subject that I've not seen explored anywhere near extensively enough to do it justice.

Last edited:
The list could go on and on. But, some mouth behind a keyboard thinks he hasn't accomplished much. Yeah, right.

Exactly! James has done a LOT of science which was what he wanted to do in the first place. Those Jake and Elwood ROV's were groundbreaking in what they accomplished. The overwhelming majority of the photo available of the interior of the wreck came from him...along with some new things learned of the internal arrangements. A lot of that he did on his own dime too!

Whoever the trash talkers and naysayers are, I dare them to do better!

BTW, I'm liking your book. Are you perhaps considering going into the subject more in depth? The wrangling in the courts went on for years, and it's not a subject that I've not seen explored anywhere near extensively enough to do it justice.
Thank you for the compliment, Michael. That book was the past 3 years of research and the last 1 1/2 years of writing and rewriting. Titanic proves that you always find out new things. Thanks to Freemasonry. I got to meet (via email) my Masonic Brother Clifford Ismay. I discovered the real Bruce Ismay, not Hearst's caricature of the man.

I'll admit that I am considering another Titanic book idea. If you'd like to hear about it, let me know and I'll send you a PM.

The actual discussion is Titan imploded, people died and Cameron decided to display his hubris and blamed Oceangate making himself the story at a time no one needed his blame considering he has zero affiliation with the company and even Oceangate ripped him for doing so.

I agree with Oceangate completely on this point.

But here it's a popularity contest and Cameron made an entertaining fictional movie about Titanic, thanks to the Russians filmed inside Titanic, and for many everything is about their personal entertainment or enrichment so criticism of his comments about Titan's loss is not popular here among many. If Cameron just experessed his condolences (like Ballard) I would not have written a word about him.

But Cameron who built his own sub he did not have inspected and certified is the last person who should be criticizing Oceangate.

I will admit it's interesting reading all the defense of Cameron here:
Free spirit he can do what he likes, it's his life.
It's his money, not yours. (sounds as bad as Stockton Rush)
Write nice things or don't write anything at all-Funny sure did not see that culture here about Ballard, who spoke out on salvaging, and the people here with books to profit about Titanic and always want more because this is their income loved that Cameron helped the cottage industry & despised Ballard for being anti-salvage which is bad for business.

Ballard did the right thing regarding Titan, Cameron did the wrong thing, his defenders here want no part of that because it's a popularity contest.
As much as I disliked Nargeolet over decades for salvaging it's interesting his death on Titan brought virtually no comment.

Last edited:
Nice to see Cameron deny when Titan imploded he would never do an oceangate movie after the company fired back at him about their safety measures, no doubt some here wanted their movie from Cameron for new entertainment but it says a lot he got the question.

Last edited:
"....and Cameron decided to display his hubris and blamed Oceangate making himself the story at a time ...."

"I agree with Oceangate completely on this point."

"But here it's a popularity contest and Cameron made an entertaining fictional movie about Titanic...."

"If Cameron just experessed his condolences (like Ballard) I would not have written a word about him...."

"But Cameron who built his own sub he did not have inspected and certified is the last person who should be criticizing Oceangate...."

"I will admit it's interesting reading all the defense of Cameron here...."

"Ballard did the right thing regarding Titan, Cameron did the wrong thing..."

"Nice to see Cameron deny when Titan imploded he would never do an oceangate movie after the company fired back at him about their safety measures, no doubt some here wanted their movie from Cameron for new entertainment but it says a lot he got the question."
To quote Jan Brady: "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!"

I suppose that we should wait for James Cameron and/or Robert Ballard to respond to all of your opinions about them.

Until then, I suggest that you take the advice of the moderator:
Yes back to discussion of the Titanic sub accident specifically. Enough about others.
Otherwise, you might want to create a new, separate thread to discuss all of your cavillous opinions regarding James Cameron.

To quote Jan Brady: "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!"

I suppose that we should wait for James Cameron and/or Robert Ballard to respond to all of your opinions about them.

Until then, I suggest that you take the advice of the moderator:

Otherwise, you might want to create a new, separate thread to discuss all of your cavillous opinions regarding James Cameron.
Everything I wrote was about Cameron was with regard to Titan, how Oceangate rightfully criticized him for ripping a company he had zero involvement it, and how he did the same thing they did when he constructed his own sub.

Suggest you take the moderators advice and not discuss other members because you don't agree with them. I did not write a word about you or anyone here.

Oceangate spoke up about Cameron, I completely agree with them.

Back