Hello everyone, hope you all are doing well.
For the past few weeks, I've been making a 3D recreation of the 35 ft long Titanic model by Shawcraft Models Limited. It's also a replacement for my lost model.
render 33.jpg
render 40.jpg

However, there're some parts still missing that I do plan adding to the model. Such as: the deck benches, lifeboats, rigging for the funnels, whistles, windows on A, B and C deck and start adding details for the hull which is going to be textured like how Kyle Hudak (Huddizle) did his own for Virtual Sailor 7.
Yesterday, the bow section was smoothed out as the edges appeared to be bumpy due to building the hull deck-by-deck, excluding the beam and the stern.
The reference image
A cropped photograph that Johathan Smith sent me when I was doing the model study.
Philippe's Chevalier's collage

The textures are another concern for this one, however. The original model was photographed and filmed in black and white so there's no colour reference for me to use. I'll try utilising the colours from the builder's model as a test and see how it goes.

Feedback is always appreciated.
Cheers!
~Milos​

For the past few weeks, I've been making a 3D recreation of the 35 ft long Titanic model by Shawcraft Models Limited. It's also a replacement for my lost model.
View attachment 111904View attachment 111903
However, there're some parts still missing that I do plan adding to the model. Such as: the deck benches, lifeboats, rigging for the funnels, whistles, windows on A, B and C deck and start adding details for the hull which is going to be textured like how Kyle Hudak (Huddizle) did his own for Virtual Sailor 7.
Yesterday, the bow section was smoothed out as the edges appeared to be bumpy due to building the hull deck-by-deck, excluding the beam and the stern.View attachment 111905View attachment 111906 View attachment 111907

The textures are another concern for this one, however. The original model was photographed and filmed in black and white so there's no colour reference for me to use. I'll try utilising the colours from the builder's model as a test and see how it goes.

Cheers!
~Milos​
Fantastic! What are you apologizing for? It's a fantastic and beautiful job!

Thank you!
I do plan adding more to this lad. I still haven't taken into an account if I can finish it in time for the anniversary this April, but I'll give it a try.

Update:
Yesterday, I was able to finish two parts on this model. One the steam winches and the other, the bow stem is much more slanted than the early version that had a near 90 degree slant. It's hard to see the steam winches from the second render (right) in this post, but I provided the profile of the bow.

render 52.jpg
render 50.jpg

As I'm about to start adding the lifeboats, I'm starting to see some of the issues with my recreation A Night to Remember Titanic model. The bow and the stern do not line up, even by mirroring the sides of the hull.
I'll be honest with you all, I don't think I'll be able to finish it in time for the anniversary, which is my goal. So I'll redo it, but I won't be sharing a progress until I finish it as you all get the idea how I build it, I'll show only the final result.

Last edited:
While I'm taking a break from modelling here's a little closer look on the model. You may have noticed in this shot, I completely blacked out the 1st promenade. That was my intention as it's hard to see the beginning of the promenade on the actual model so I left only where it ends. And nothing that's been coloured brass has textures as the faces (i.e. on the hull) came out way worse to apply them onto. Going back and try to fix this is not helping. So that's all I can share for now.​
nc_ohc=OzGbUMJZBVwAX8p80BW&_nc_ht=scontent.fbeg5-1.jpgnc_ohc=rZGexXDO5PwAX9RMlUC&_nc_ht=scontent.fbeg5-1.jpg

View attachment 111904View attachment 111903
Yesterday, the bow section was smoothed out as the edges appeared to be bumpy due to building the hull deck-by-deck, excluding the beam and the stern.View attachment 111905View attachment 111906 View attachment 111907

Cheers!
~Milos​
If I might ask why is there a funnel in the background of your 1st picture I see no problem with it I am just a curious chap and would like to know if you use it for a reason your render is beautiful by the way

With everything shared here, it's time to stop using this thread anymore. After leaving the ocean liner community and, anything that's related to ocean liners, is no longer my hobby to draw them all anymore.
This unfortunately, goes to my now unfinished progress A Night to Remember model. I've never thought I and end up messing the hull completely. Using the side shots from the documentary didn't really help sadly which is why I've been so desperate of side profiles like the ones from either Cyril Codus or Mike Brady.

Back