Edward Minahan

Hello cousins!

I am Jeanne Minahan Robinson. My grandfather was Dr. John James Minahan, William E. Minahan's and Daisy Minahan's first cousin. My great-grandfather was also named John Minahan and was William B. Minahan's brother and Roger Minahan's son. My family's information says that my great-grandfather was born on South Inishkea Island in County Mayo, Ireland, although there is some discussion that it may actually have been North Inishkea Island. If any of you have information on this issue, please chime in. We also celebrate Roger Minahan as a "pirate", as he was organizing his fellow fishermen to stop the English ships transporting food out of Ireland during the Potato Famine. The "Robin Hood of the Irish Coast". (I think every family needs to have a pirate.) My father grew up in Chilton, WI in which there is a "Minahan Road". As a child, I did see the "Minahan Building" in Green Bay (since torn down) and William E's mausoleum.

If you are interested, the house in which Dr. Wm Minahan practiced in Calumetville still stands. He had taken over his brother's practice who had moved to Green Bay. He practiced in Calumetville from the time he graduated from Rush College in 1891 until 1899/1900 when he moved to Fond du Lac.

Back