Edward Pomeroy Colley

Noticed a tribute to this gentleman on the wall inside St Leonard's Church, Hythe, near Folkestone. Anyone know the connection?

There are known photos of E. P. Colley online - you should download and add to his profile. (And unless he gained a great deal of weight between the time these photos were taken and the time he was on the Titanic, the description of "roly poly" (in the sense of "corpulent") is hardly accurate....)

Helen, my name is Nancy Colley Pritchard from the state of Virginia. My 6th great-grandfather was Richard (Fighting Dick) Colley of Shenandoah, Va (m: Cristina Crissy Counts)., Richard was the son of Thomas Colley of Wales UK who was sent to America to join in King James Army. Do you find any connections there. It is my impression that he [Thomas] was orphaned and adopted by the Duke of Wellington. I do know we have Irish herritage but not sure of the lineage of the Irish. My great-aunt, of the Counts side of the family, informed me it is Dutch Irish. I appreciate feedback: [email protected].

Hi Aaron. I have continued research. I also have the master book written about the Titanic just for Edward Colley research. I will bring it next time I come to Va.
Does any body know why there is a plaque for Edward Pomeroy Colley, who died on the Titanic, in St Leonards Church, Hythe, Kent

Hi there, very interested to read about Edward Pomeroy Colley. I don’t know if you are aware of the British actor Kenneth Colley? He’s a friend of mine. Originally from the north of England Ken now lives in Hythe, Kent. Ken was once told by a local postman that he and Ken are related and they are both related to Edward Colley who has a plaque on the wall at St. Leonard’s Church in Hythe. Ken is pretty famous. He played Admiral Piett in 2 Star Wars films, Jesus in The Life of Brian, and is in the Clint Eastwood film Fire Fox amongst other things. Best wishes, Ben Shockley aka David White.

Hi there, very interested to read about Edward Pomeroy Colley. I don’t know if you are aware of the British actor Kenneth Colley? He’s a friend of mine. Originally from the north of England Ken now lives in Hythe, Kent. Ken was once told by a local postman that he and Ken are related and they are both related to Edward Colley who has a plaque on the wall at St. Leonard’s Church in Hythe. Ken is pretty famous. He played Admiral Piett in 2 Star Wars films, Jesus in The Life of Brian, and is in the Clint Eastwood film Fire Fox amongst other things. Best wishes, Ben Shockley aka David White.
I do know Mr. Colley, he was very good in The Empire Strikes Back, Return Of The Jedi and the Poirot episode 'The Disappearance of Mr. Davenheim'. So that means that he's also distantly relative to the Fienes family right, as Edward his sister Gertrude was married to Alberic Arthur Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes.

Back