Fireman John Thompson

Thanx for you kind assistance
Problem now solved

Houghie
mad.gif

Tom

If the men who started fires were called "firemen", what did they call the men who extinguished fires?

Please accept my apologies for not taking your question seriously - I had assumed you had asked it 'tongue in cheek'

If you did ask 'tongue in cheek' I hope like David you had a good chuckle too - If not I hope that David's post cleared up the question for you.

Houghie
mad.gif

hi i would like any information regarding my great grandad John William Thompson who was a survivor on the Titanic he was a fireman and broke his arm we have no record of him after the inquiry he never returned home to his wife and children and we have tried to trace him for years but to no avail any information big or small would be very much appreciated thank you

hello, my name is terrecina and John William Thompson is my great grandad, for years we have tried to find out what happened to him after the inquiry and why he left his wife and children never to return we cant find any trace of him the only thing that was suggested by an american gentleman was that he returned to new york to the nurse that looked after him when he broke his arm after falling into sea but we dont know if that is true. Also we have two D.O.B what we think is the original one is 06/04/1876 the other being 06/04/1871 we believe he was 36 when joining the titanic and not 42 yrs any help would be very much appreciated as we are exhausting all lines of enquiry thank you

Last edited:
Hi Terrecina and Tammy. I am a relative of John Thompson. Please could you contact me with any information you have, I have very little information on him, many thanks.

Hi Terrecina
I might be able to provide you with some bits of the puzzle. Please email me if you're still looking for information.
best regards

Ian

Hi Tammy
I would be interested to share some information with you. I believe there are some Jersey, Channel Island links to JW Thompson, in fact I have some friends checking out some graves in Jersey this weekend.
Best regards
Ian

I now believe that I was in the person of John William Thompson, stoker, rescued by carpathia, and disembarked in New York a couple of days later, with the other survivors. I had a broken arm at the time... Even today, in my present life, I fear cold water...

Back