Grand Staircase

I think that is of Britannic's wreck, not Titanic's. Britannic had more of a flat dome, quite like Aquitanias, if you have seen her staircase. Since Britannic had entered service as a Hospital Ship, her interiors were very plain, simple and had exposed pipes and so on.

Hi

How big was the Grand Staircase (how big is the hole in it's place now)?

It's possible, that the answer is already written down on the forum (or maybe even the site) but I couldn't find it.

Thanks

The grand staircase

The grand staircase in my opinion was the most beautiful ship, the Crystal Dome was wonderful passengers could see the light of day. This was the first class staircase between the first and second fireplace. The other was near the aft staircase. Passengers could also get one of the three elevators to get to the dining room, the staircase going up to the upper deck because the deck F deck was 6. The edge made ​​of bronze should be spectacular.

[Moderator's note: This message has been moved from an unrelated topic, where it was posted as a separate thread. MAB]

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad they don't make ship atriums like they used to, i.e. grand staircase-style... While those grand lobbies in today's massive cruise ships overshadow the ones in Olympic-class liners, with multilevel voids, glass elevators, and a beautiful fountain for instance, they seem to lack the allure of the intricately-designed Titanic staircase... Anyway, let pictures speak for themselves and here are two for your viewing pleasure! :D

05_staircase1_lowres.jpg

Grand Staircase in the Titanic Branson attraction (source - www.sippycupmom.com)

Cruise2008-ElationAtrium.jpg

The main atrium of Elation, a Carnival Cruise Lines ship (source - Carnival Cruise Lines - Elation Cruise Review by Jim Zim)

Back