Kate Buss

Was just to the Titanic, The artifact Exhibition, in Indianapolis Indiana, and I received Miss Kate Buss as my boarding ticket, was interested in finding out more about her. thank you for this post!! Very interesting.

I visited the Titantic Exhibition this weekend and also received the Boarding Pass for Kate Buss.  I found this article very interesting.

Sorry to resurrect a nearly 15-year old thread but can anyone shed a light on Kate Buss' temporary 'disappearance' upon reaching New York harbour? I have read that rather than face the reporters and the rest, she simply stepped into the crowd. Somehow, I find that interesting.

I wonder where her father originated from.  With Buss as my surname and knowing family came from Germany/Russia, it would be interesting to find past relatives.Cindy Buss [email protected] @c6ff26f09cd95c62c150e7cd8e89e830:disqus 

I wonder where her father originated from. With Buss as my surname and knowing family came from Germany/Russia, it would be interesting to find past relatives.Cindy Buss [email protected] @c6ff26f09cd95c62c150e7cd8e89e830:disqus
Kate's parents were James Buss 1846-1936 & Elizabeth Hannah Brown . James was baseborn to Mary Ann Buss 1825- in Smarden, Kent. Her parents were John Ashbee Buss 1802-1894 & Sarah Ottaway. I believe that the family can be traced back in the Weald ( Kent/Sussex) area to 1561

In the biography of Kate Buss it states that her sister Annie joined her later but I think that she was already in America.
Annie left her husband , Caleb Stephen Waite, who was a watch repairer and habitual criminal in prison when she left from Liverpool on 17th Feb 1911 bound for Nova Scotia. She left behind 2 young children (Phyllis Maud Waite was cared for by Kate's parents). She crossed the Canadian / American border on 26th Feb 1911 with her destination being Lydia Frances Ballestro ( nee Laurence) in Van Buren, Arkansas who was a friend from Halling, Kent. This means that she was already in America when Kate boarded the Titanic

Hiya, Kate and I share the same surname, so if she had expanded family in central Europe, hmu:). I can trace some of my ascendants back^^

I would love to know more about Kate! I am a Buss living in the United States and have just started working on my family tree in Ancestry. I would love to know if we were related to Kate somehow. Thanks!

Back