Kate Phillips (Mrs Henry Marshall)

Henry Morley his actions not only were very ungrateful and unfaithful to his wife Louisa and their daughter Doris, but also directly caused a lot of problems mentally for Kate Phillips and their daughter Ellen Mary Phillips. After all, if Henry didn't have an affair with Kate she wouldn't have been on the Titanic as a second class passenger to begin with, as Henry his lost and the disaster itself caused a lot of mental problems. One just has to listen to the stories Ellen told about her mother:

Ellen's granddaugther later stated:

I can't help but to feel sorry for Kate Phillips, and with that Ellen too. This young, likely naive, young lady was taken advantage off by her employer who in a literal sense took advantage of her innocence as it's very likely Ellen was conceived on-board the Titanic.
Yeah. This was also one of my pet peeves. I get that many people wanted to see a real-life version of Jack and Rose's love story unfolding on Titanic, but with this, they might as well have seen the relationship between David Axelrod and Jade Butterfield in Endless Love as a romance, even though it's anything but. As I said, a man cheating on his wife with a younger woman and then proceeding to abandon her and their kid to go halfway around the world to probably commit bigamy isn't love. Heck, Henry Morley and Kate Philips both at least managed to do the impossible: they made Twilight and its more grownup counterpart, 50 Shades of Grey into better love stories

Back