Ken Marschall Website Now Online

In 1973, the officers of the Titanic Enthusiasts of America (later THS) raised enough money to have Ken Marschall paint a painting of Ed Kamuda's choice for his 10 years of service to the society (1963-1973). The only stipulation Ken made was that the painting would be of only one ship. Ed chose the Olympic sailing into the sunset. An 8 x 10 of this painting was a special insert into an edition of the Titanic Commutator and was featured in "Raise the Titanic" in the "museum" of Titanic survivor Sir Bigelow, who told Dirk Pitt the story of being taken at gunpoint down to the ship's vault. A very close examination of the painting shows the tugboat taking Olympic to sea is named "Ed K" for Ed Kamuda. Ed's father Henry Kamuda had named the family boat "Al K" for Ed's brother Al Kamuda! Robert H. Gibbons

By the way...purchasing one of these prints is well worth your money. I purchased "Death of Innocents" for Christmas (hey, I had to get myself something). My brother-in-law then purchased "Millionaire's Special" of the Titanic for me. I highly recommend this site if you want a Ken Marschall painting.

The only bad part is that not all of his prints are available. I am still hoping for the explosion on the Lusitania and the Britannic sinking. Maybe someday....

Mr. Marschall is extremely busy, and I'm sure you'll understand if he doesn't respond to your letters. It's nothing personal. He never responded to mine, either.

Kyrila

I, too, know that Ken Marschall is extremely busy, and I live in the same region as him (that was an issue when we first met at a THS Convention, noting our respective cities of residence).
My only contact with Ken has been at past THS events and some functions related to ocean liner groups. I have accepted that, i.e. "such is life".

Hi John,

My only contact with Ken has been at past THS events and some functions related to ocean liner groups.

You're forgetting a specific get together on the QM2, in April 2004.
wink.gif

You're right, Jason, that was a great time to sit and talk with Ken and his business associate, Vern.

The last time I saw them was the night they honored Captain Warwick at the Queen Mary, the day after the Queen Mary 2 arrived back from the Hawaii Excursion.
Ken noted that he did see the Queen Mary 2 depart for the Hawaii trip; he was busy snapping pictures that Saturday afternoon, though he did not get a clear picture of "that most enthusiastic of passengers", waving from Deck 7.
grin.gif

Hi John,

You mean that wasn't a function related to the Toronto Maritime Society??
Or its noteworthy leader??

LOL! No, not quite!
wink.gif

though he did not get a clear picture of "that most enthusiastic of passengers", waving from Deck 7.

That's too bad, as it would have made a terrific photo.

I would love to meet Ken Marschall. His paintings are something else. I love them and bought a print from THS quite some time ago. I've seen him in many doc's and know he was a great help to James Cameron,but I have to agree with Kyrila about him being extremely busy. Patience is a virtue my friend!!!

Back