Nomadic in Danger

Hi Philippe,

Please let us know the moment you hear what the decision of the Belfast City Council is. Let's all hope they'll do right by the old gal and vote to try to bring her home. Nothing would make me happier than to have to make good on my financial pledge!

Regards,
Scott Andrews

Scott, All,

The Development Committee of the Belfast City Council recommanded that £100,000 will be made available for the purchase and the transportation of the Nomadic. BCC will now ask to Government Departments to also take their responsability.

John & David met the Press in Le Havre last Tuesday. They answered questions of 200 journalists !!!

The pledges record is now exactly £33,175.50

Our website www.savenomadic.com will soon be updated so ... stay at the phone !

Best regards,

The Nomadic Appeal Team
101515.jpg

Just saw the report on the progress of the Nomadic appeal on my regional news programme tonight. Good publicity. I wish anybody involved in saving her the best of luck - just about to visit the above site!

[Moderator's Note: The 26 January 2006 purchase of Nomadic for return to Belfast marks the beginning of a new--and, one hopes, long---chapter in the history of this last survivor of the White Star Line. For that reason, this thread is now closed, and a new one, called "The Future of Nomadic," has been created. MAB]

Back