Weird topic but as some of you know as i transitioned to UE4 For making my animations, this gave me the ability to run around and experience these animations as well.

It should be stated right at the beginning that any of these Demos that are released in the future are not meant to steal any thunder from Titanic Honor & Glory, Titanic VR or any other project in the future. This is simply one person who loves history and in his spare time makes these. These demos if ever released will be made available only here and will be password protected and only people who PM me can get the password to play these.

While the main one i see down the future for sure is my updated Lusitania Animation (will start once a updated model is done) that will be made in mind for being a demo, i wanted to first talk about a Titanic one.

As some people know i released a rough draft for a Titanic Real-Time Animation that made every deck and major rooms represented in the model. Due to many reasons i eventually considered it to be more of a test and to save on time and processing power i will for the next one only have 1 exterior model that only has rooms/decks on it that you can see from the outside and do any interior shots in its own Deck only too allow greater detail.

The reason i bring this up is because now is because of the way im doing the next animation, this means there will no longer be a main ship with every room anymore, outside of the draft i made.
NightTime_Sequence.8518.jpg

I am wondering how many people would want to explore this model sinking in real-time and run around the full ship? And please only people who have a decent or good PC cast a yes as we are talking about a huge ship that runs fine in the daytime with a good frame rate (at least on mine, keep in mind my machine is not the greatest) but at night with most rooms lit and have about 300 lights it can start to be a real demanding demo.

I would say you would need about 10 gigs of ram and something better than a I5 to make sure it runs decent, if i get a few people how would want it then il spend a afternoon programming collision so you can run around

The video below is what you can expect if i do the Titanic one
youtube:Zt6eHa0rPTA

So i programmed all of the old animation and did some play tests from within the editor and everything went well, when im exporting it as a game for you guys i get more errors than iv ever seen, il try and fix it but if i cant il try to make it up to you

So as a way of apology for having so many issues with the old animation as Unreal did a update and everything is messed up, i modified on of the tests i use with Titanic Animations and turned it into something people can use

Now is must be stated that this was never meant to be seen by anyone and as such there are a lot of issues with the model, as since this was made for testing i removed most of the interior of the ship from B Deck Down. If you do fall to D Deck, there are some walls you can run through or i left the staircase intact from the Gally to the Boat Deck.

There is some furniture i left on the ship with some on B Deck (including two cabins that are ripped in two when the ship breaks, looks really cool and they have lights) and Most of A & Boat Deck have furniture too.

All doors i programmed to be able to run through, and i mean all of them

All the lifeboats are present in the water and you can sit and ride the last four boats from the ship, as you can also recreate real life people, like Charels J or the two passengers that jump into D ect.

The sinking is very accurate, starting at 2:00 until 2:20, break-up was a early test that meshed together Roy Mengot's theory and Titanic Animations and for fun more than anything else, utilized both the POSSE sim and the Hackett and Bedford simulation from the late 90s with condition C7 at 17 degrees then the ship breaks.

I am not sure what happens if you get trapped in a space but when it happened to me i clipped through the roof as the water is programed to be able to walk on.

Audio is from H&G (forgot to mention it in the README) and the three songs played are three known songs to have been confirmed to be played like Alexanders Ragtime band at 2:05 is the only one we know what time it was played. It also seems that sometimes the audio does not cue correct but other times it does

Hope you all enjoy

For this Demo i will put the Password here
SonicAdventureDreamcast
HighresScreenshot00028.png

Two Cabins that have furniture in the aft part of B Deck
Tear_B.jpg

There is also alot of stuff happening under the water with boilers, double bottoms ect that you can see

Mengot&Titanic Animations Full.7z

Anyone have any luck in getting the Demo to work on there PC? Unreal Told me you can run it without the Editor installed (which i do) but im not sure as i have it installed, be cool if someone showed a screenshot of it too

Back