Looks like iv been able to restore the original real-time animation of the Titanic, if i get some free time in the next while i will try and work on getting it to work as a demo with a actual menu that will let you change resolution settings ect. It will be curious how well it will run as it was never meant to be used like this

Would anyone be interested in me possibly recording some behind the scenes footage of me just working on these real-time sinking's? Most likely what it would be is me just recording the screen on UE4 making these animations/demos with some music etc.

So i been available to confirm that a Lancastria and Gustloff Real-Times are quite possible! TBH though, iv been very weary of making a Gustloff animation. Over 9500 people where lost in the sinking and nearly 4000 of them children, and considering the amount of flack people have given me on my other animation calling it tasteless/poorly done, i feel like i could not do it justice in a respectable way.

Though i did find out in the early 2000's some computer studies where done on the sinking showing a fairly detailed sinking much like the Titanic in the late 90's, and just like that im very weary on basing angles and heel based on these as there not very accurate typically and as computers get better they tell different stories. However the simulation was only 5 minutes off from the time the gustloff actually sank so who knows

Some Tests of a old model
HighresScreenshot00001.png HighresScreenshot00002.png HighresScreenshot00003.png HighresScreenshot00004.png HighresScreenshot00005.png HighresScreenshot00006.png

The biggest differences in their animation is probably how the ship now settles lower in the water before the stern rises up and the stern’s movements during and after the break: a huge list to port overpowers the feelings of the stern settling back horizontally (as noted by Joughin) and the stern does not rise for a second time, it only sinks (as described by Eva Hart and Charles Joughin).
So there is no chance Titanic did break in two between the Third and Fourth funnel? Even with starboard and port lists included?
yes I saw the physics animation, too. I like that they made it 3d at the end of The Final Word

Back