Working on a new one, this time im going to do a remake of the updated H&G animation due to i think they have shown enough for me to accurately remake it. Mainly doing this as it seems very wrong in how it portrays the sinking and maybe remaking it can help us make some sense of it. While i removed some furniture in A Deck cabins as they where really polly intensive, iv added some in others and i will animate them all sliding/floating in the ship. Even hopefully the glasses! Learned alot from the last demo so more future proofing it now. I might do a very exclusive release of this as this might be ridding iffy territory for some people
HighresScreenshot00001.jpg
HighresScreenshot00002.jpg
HighresScreenshot00003.jpg
HighresScreenshot00005.jpg
HighresScreenshot00006.jpg
HighresScreenshot00007.jpg
HighresScreenshot00008.jpg
HighresScreenshot00009.jpg
HighresScreenshot00010.jpg
HighresScreenshot00011.jpg
HighresScreenshot00012.jpg
HighresScreenshot00013.jpg
HighresScreenshot00015.jpg
HighresScreenshot00016.jpg
HighresScreenshot00017.jpg
HighresScreenshot00018.jpg
HighresScreenshot00019.jpg
HighresScreenshot00020.jpg
HighresScreenshot00021.jpg

Working on a new one, this time im going to do a remake of the updated H&G animation due to i think they have shown enough for me to accurately remake it. Mainly doing this as it seems very wrong in how it portrays the sinking and maybe remaking it can help us make some sense of it. While i removed some furniture in A Deck cabins as they where really polly intensive, iv added some in others and i will animate them all sliding/floating in the ship. Even hopefully the glasses! Learned alot from the last demo so more future proofing it now. I might do a very exclusive release of this as this might be ridding iffy territory for some people
View attachment 42061 View attachment 42062 View attachment 42063 View attachment 42064 View attachment 42065 View attachment 42066 View attachment 42067 View attachment 42068 View attachment 42069 View attachment 42070 View attachment 42071 View attachment 42072 View attachment 42073 View attachment 42074 View attachment 42075 View attachment 42076 View attachment 42077 View attachment 42078 View attachment 42079

The biggest differences in their animation is probably how the ship now settles lower in the water before the stern rises up and the stern’s movements during and after the break: a huge list to port overpowers the feelings of the stern settling back horizontally (as noted by Joughin) and the stern does not rise for a second time, it only sinks (as described by Eva Hart and Charles Joughin).

The biggest differences in their animation is probably how the ship now settles lower in the water before the stern rises up and the stern’s movements during and after the break: a huge list to port overpowers the feelings of the stern settling back horizontally (as noted by Joughin) and the stern does not rise for a second time, it only sinks (as described by Eva Hart and Charles Joughin).

Its actually the Trim and timing. Since they actually showed their timeline in engine (which if your used to UE4 its easy to see) for the final moments so i can actually see the key frames of when they tell the ship to react. From this iv been able to say the final plunge last about 7 minutes and 27 seconds give or take a few seconds. This would put the plunge starting at about 2:13, which is interesting as most people put the plunge at 2:15, then at around 2:17-18 the ship breaks. This idea puts it in about 2 minutes it takes for the plunge, radically different with as of right now no real clear public evidence of why its such a difference. And the trim as it seems they have the ship at around 12 degrees (still calculating as i type this) or a little more before the num 2 funnel collapse's, again radically different as most historians agree at about a 10 degree angle was achieved when he plunge began. Im hoping making this viewable for more than 30 seconds can help

Going to try and fix the lighting a bit as too much of the ship is illuminated. Also did not put the cloud of smoke post num 2 funnel as i dont have time to program it, same with rough flooding water, spent several days trying to get it to work and nothing

Just made a playable build last night if anyone want to test it, you will need a decent PC if anyone wants to do some Bug testing

I should note that iv animated most Furniture Floating/sliding down the deck. Though i did end up getting lazy towards the end and did not animate rooms like the reading and writing room as it take hours to animate furniture.

It should also be noted that this will be the last demo/animation i create for some time as i just want a break from all of this as its alot of hard work, though i am planning something that will blow the socks off anything iv done in the past

Unless there is something that breaks the demo i think iv done with this Demo, due to how inaccurate this version of the sinking i dont think its worthwhile to keep working on it

You start off in Cabin B 98 (With its mirror B 97 also has furniture that also is animated) with the "Story" that you slept threw the first 2 hours and 20 minutes of the sinking, most major spaces that have furniture animates when flooding occurs and when the ships tilt becomes to extreme. Ended up not putting sound in so just have the H&G video going in the background for some sounds for the ship.

PM for password
H&G Demo Ver 2.0.7z
Honor_Glory_Sinking.24794.jpg Honor_Glory_Sinking.29717.jpg Honor_Glory_Sinking.30965.jpg

So after some people coming back and saying the demo does not run well i think i can narrow it down to reoslution as when in the UE4 editor when in "Play" mode it displays it in a lower resolution and it run very well. Hoping in future releases this can fix it. Was running through the demo and took some screenshots
Screenshot (9).png Screenshot (10).png Screenshot (11).png Screenshot (12).png Screenshot (13).png

That would be really awesome. Because the amount of Titanic games is sooooo limited. It truly is amazing to be on her and just take in the experience! Hopefully you can even do a playable build of your Lusitania someday?

Just curious on a number here, how many people would actually be interested in some real-time sinking's/demos of the RMS Lancastria, Wilhelm Gustloff, Doria or even a Great Eastern video? Due to the amount of public information on these out there (i.e me not going out and buying a bunch of books like what i had to do with the Lusitania) i think down the road these could be possible, if enough people would care to see them

Back