Titanic Adventure Out of Time

Hey
I hope im not being really dull here and starting a new thread on something you have all talked on, but i really loved this game. Although being made in 1996, its still really cool.
One of the things i noticed people were a bit angry about was that alot of the rooms and halls they wanted to visit were locked.
I wrote to Cyberflix who made the game, and they told me that altough they had made every effort to include areas of interest and detailed the ship to its real-life counterpart, it must be remembered that this is an adventure game. The doors of rooms like the Second class Library, First class dining saloon,other cabins and staterooms other than those participating in the game are locked because there is nothing behind them. The reason for this being disk space and budget. For example they said, when the liner is sinking, it was impossible to have the decks crowded with people because of disk limits, the same goes for the first class dining saloon, a room that size would only look good full of people.
I love the game though, maybe one day soon there will be a sequel LOL!

Hey Hugo,

Yea the game is Awesome! I have to say though the stowaway always scared me alot. Sometimes I would run upstairs and im not even kidding lol. My favorite line is from the old woman with her husband. She says, "War.....Its so BEASTLY" in her english accent....always made me laugh.

Hey Sahand!
Ive played this game countless times now! Yea i found Mrs.Gorse-Jones's accent quite funny too!!.
One character i liked was Lady Georgia Lambeth, who your character Carlson is supposedly to have had a relationship with,i always make a point of saving her first before doing anything else when the ship is sinking, must be the gent in me!
One thing that struck me as odd was the dissapearance of some characters during the sinking i.e Smethells the steward, Eric Burns etc.

Hey Hugo!

Smethells was a scary guy too haha. Its kinda creepy how the characters eyes move in that untrustworthy way.....honestly I never trusted the man lol.

Sometimes when I play I just leave Georgia to die.....either Im too lazy or I have to find other items lol.

Hey Sahand
You are so cruel!! LOL, i do get what you mean, there is so much to do when Titanic begins to sink, that once in the lifeboat, you think "oh damn what about poor Georgia!!"
I never trusted Smethells (thats why he never got a tip!!).
It was sad about Daisy Cashmore, in the end her snobbery cost her her life - not matter how much persuasion, she will not get in a lifeboat without the Astors or the Wideners!

Hi Hugo,

I agree with you. I would have prefered to have been able to see the entire ship. Even if the rooms were empty. I think most of us have stared at the deck plans taking an imaginary tour of the ship. Maybe they could have had a multi-disk set? A CD rom for each classes deck plans! As you left first class, a message window would pop up "Please insert Disc 2".

A fun game nonetheless. I wasted a complete weekend when I first bought it. Reading this thread has me wondering where that disc is.......

David

I've tried to play it. I've done the tour of the ship, which was fascinating but when I tried to play the game it just wasn't having any of it. Me and computers, DVD players and VCRs just don't get on. All have been rendered unusable by my trying to fix them over the past 2 weeks. I've given up any attempt to play this game and so I'll just have to stick with the telly (which began clicking from one channel to another even though the bloody thing was unplugged) just as long as the green flame that appeared behind the screen one night stays away.

Hi Hugo,

I have a few favourite characters - Georgia, Claris, Trask and Officer Morrow.

Least favourites - Charles and Beatrix

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

I liked Max and the guy at the boiler room controls.
Zietel and Vlad were definite villians! The indignant purser was funny....and wonderfully rude ;-)

Hi David,

I agree with you on the characters that you mentioned. Zeitel and Vlad were definitely no fun to deal with.

Hi Tim,

Max and the crewman at the boiler room controls are also worth mentioning. The Purser was humourous, but he was also an arrogant sod!

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Has anyone hung around the ship long enough to see what happened to all of the characters? Several we know about, but there are many others we don't. I did enjoy watching Daisy Cashmore muttering that she would only got on the lifeboat with "the right people" - I'm assuming she became another of the first class ladies who did not survive the sinking (well, fictionally).

Back