V Break Theory

Chrismireya wrote: “Criticism and scrutiny aren't bad things.” Agreed. However, if the criticism always comes from someone whose positive contributions are sparse to the point of being nearly non-existent, then they end up being received as “sour grapes” because the critic can’t produce anything of worth himself where his work would also be subject to criticism.
I think what he is trying to say is that criticism with contribution isn't good however constructive criticism is a wonderful thing

While I leave the opinion of what I am to others I personally don't believe that label would apply to me Dr. Read if you intended to pay lip service to me with that, after all I help people with questions, solve problems and debunk misconceptions as well as making new discoveries once in a while regarding the Titanic.
I agree completely Thomas. I find you to be a very honest and diligent researcher and where you disagree with someone - including me on a few occasions - it is always in a polite and almost apologetic manner. And there is always validity in your line of reasoning, even when there is a difference of opinion. Finally, I would say that you have been one of the most positive material contributors to these forums and frankly if I were you, I would completely ignore insinuations to the contrary.

I have appreciated your posts on this board. I find them informative. Never seen you being a jerk when you disagree with someone including myself
Agree completely.

I for one certainly believe the v break theory.
When I wrote that "I believe in it" I made a mistake. It is physically impossible for the bow to shoot up out of the water like that and I know that. I meant to write that I would like to believe it. When I first got into the Titanic when I was around 6 the Thayer sketch intrigued me. It was the only thing I seen at that time that showed a different way of the sinking other than the causal breakup scenario that everyone knows.

Back