Second Cruise to the Wreck Site in 2012

A second cruise to the wreck site has been planned for 2012 that will include a small expedition ship and an ROV to transmit live images from the wreck site. Television networks (two major networks at this moment) are in discussions, and ROV negotiations are under way.

Several descendants of survivors already have expressed a desire and commit to being on our cruise ship, the Azamara JOURNEY.

To see the full webpage, go to: www.voyages-to-remember.com or send me an email if I can answer any questions for you...

Bill

[Moderator's note: This post, originally posted in another topic, has been moved to here, which is discussing Titanic's centenary and the events surrounding it. JDT]

as seen in another thread, Frank Goldsmith, son of "Frankie" Goldsmith and grandson of Emily Goldsmith will be with us on the cruise. More descendants of passengers and crew have been invited.

With the networks expressing an interest, this would make for a wonderful opportunity to see how the condition of the wreck has changed since the last expedition was there in 2005.

I've a hunch we won't like what we see, but nature will continue to take it's course regardless of that.

True, Michael. She will continue to degrade until she exists as a formless mass of iron. We hope to have a network deal in place soon.

>>We hope to have a network deal in place soon.<<

I'll look forward to hearing about it. The opportunities are deminishing as time goes on. I hope somebody can make the most of this.

Phil's going and will be presenting. You should go with us and do web updates for us to those who are interested. We could get all of the Florence bunch and have special meetings throughout the cruise!

I wish that was practical for me Bill, but unfortunately, it isn't. Various issues at home. Nothing I'm willing to go into in public but suffice to say that life has been tossing us some very unpleasant curveballs. I'm sure you understand.

I do, and I pray for you to have patience, keep your weight on your back foot, and step into those curveballs and put them out of the park.

We are going to present a partnership to officials in Belfast, Ireland, the UK, and USA to be present with us and participate in the memorial services for the trip. I think this is most appropriate and hope it will be widely received.

>>I do, and I pray for you to have patience, keep your weight on your back foot, and step into those curveballs and put them out of the park.<<

I'm trying the best that I can. Thanks.

Looks like you'll all have fun on the trip.
I'm sure there will be many people doing lectures during the cruise.
Hopefully nothing on the switch theory though; but people will ask about it.
Wear something warm . . . .
Is there going to be a mystery ship 10 miles away ? LOL.

We've been asked to re-create the rocket firing experiment originally attempted in 1996. Who knows? Maybe a mystery ship will just appear....... then disappear.....

We're going to put all efforts into making this an experience to remember.

>>We've been asked to re-create the rocket firing experiment originally attempted in 1996.<<

Wasn't something like this done on an earlier expedition? Either way, it should be interesting to see how it all turns out.

It was done during 1996, but allegedly the rockets were not made to the 1912 specifications.

We watched the horizon intently, only knowing to look port-side for the rockets, and we did see them.

From The Daily Telegraph Australia:

Titanic sails again - a Memorial Cruise
quote:

IT MAY be a long time in advance, but check your calendars now and see what you are doing between April 12 and 20, 2012.
For cruising and/or history enthusiasts, this is an opportunity to be a part of something special. UK travel agency Mile Morgan Travel has chartered a cruise ship and will retrace the original path of the infamous RMS Titanic.
More at http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/travel/news/titanic-sails-again/story-e6frezi0-1225869586531

Back