2005 Cameron expedition

I do apologize if this question was already done (the most probable), but the 2005 expedition was really the last dive to the wreck? Sorry, but I wouldn't read all your previous posts. There're hundreds of them!

Regards for all, João

>>but the 2005 expedition was really the last dive to the wreck?<<

That was what Mr. Cameron stated from the very start. I hope at some point something may change his mind. Whatever you think of his flick, he's done more for Titanic research in regards investigating the wreck itself then anyone, and he doesn't keep any secrets. What he finds, he shares.

Amen to that, Michael- sometimes I'd like to bop him one around the head with a copy of his movie script, but in exploration terms, I'd get on my knees to him if I thought he'd go back and explore further!

At the very least, I hope he explores other wrecks in a similar manner; his Bismarck effort was superb, for example.

>>At the very least, I hope he explores other wrecks in a similar manner; his Bismarck effort was superb, for example.<<

Yes it was. Some of the background used in the show was a bit fanciful, but the examination of the wreck was fist class work, and the information on naval gunnary practice was the best I've seen anywhere. Mr. Cameron may not be inclined to go back to the Titanic again, but I'd love to see him do the Lusitania.

Nobody was sure what he could get out of Titanic or even the Bismarck for that matter, but he managed to get quite a bit. The Lusitania may not be all that revealing in light of her known state of collapse, but I'm sure some of the smaller ROV's could get into a few knooks and crannies. You never really know until you look.

Scott, as soon as there's word on the DVD for purchase, I will be the first to let you know. I'm just as excited to see it as you are.

I hope it's soon. You might want to check the Discovery Channel site. It's got to come out sooner or later. It's high time that it comes out. It's only been almost a year since the broadcast. Something's got to come out soon...I really hope.

Yep its about time that it needs to be released. I havent been online much because ive been going through that old book i finaly got and thumbing back through the Ghost of the Abyss book comparing that with testomonys,ect.

If anything im sure they will put it out for christmas I mean who wouldnt release for Christmas holidays

Well I might have some good news for Scott and others about the DVD, I found some but Im waiting on more information on it but its claimed to be of the Documentation that Cameron did.

Once I know more about it Ill let everyone know

Got a reply and he belives its only the first part ( first hour ) of the 2 hour show. Not sure what was shown the first hour and on the second hour but im not getting it I prefer to get the whole 2 hour version that was shown on tv

Back