3D Titanic Wreck

(Copy of what was sent to your email)
Hi,
I was looking at your renders. Well done, I know it takes a long time but its sooo gratifying in the end.

Anyway. I know that you will want to fly over the titanic when finished, I have a solution
happy.gif
I am in the process of making 'Alvin' (the submersible the that went on the wreck first).
96358.jpg

Trying to make a high detail model. At the moment you can go inside it and look through the portholes and see whats out there. It still needs allot more work. But I was wondering if you wanted the 3ds/Max model when done. Only on one condition, I could possibly have rendered shots of my baby on the wreck. It would look absolutely amazing having the sub shining its lights of the wreck
happy.gif
Well let me know if you want it. It will be good to see my little sub on such an amazing HD rendering :D

Tom

96369.jpg

Heres another render shot. As like you to save render time I have no material ids on anything. I still have to add the rear ballast float, frames, lights, cameras, Robotic arms(which is being made in another max (fullyworking)) and other little finikety things. Just for a laugh I Put a photo of the actual interior of alvin inside using the UVW map (bad job, but fun), you can actually look through the viewports
happy.gif
I don't think I will concentrating on the interior as much as the exterior though. Maybe one day.

Im very very impressed with the Titanic wreck model. I was thinking about getting this cad software from bestbuy i saw when i went to get an updated spyware shield software. I was wondering would the cad software allow me to make models like these or will only the 3D Studio Max software work the best?

Also how much money could i be looking at to get the Studio Max software?

I'm wondering the same, is the CAD software the same as 3D Studio Max, does it let you make the same 3D models as 3DSM. I did download 3DSM but it would let me go on it as it kept saying, error a file cannot be found, and it wouldnt work for me. Is CAD just as good? Plus the titanic wreck model is absolutely stunning, looks just like the real thing. The alvin is well good aswell.

3DS Max is a high end software that costs 1000s of dollars. A CAD package won't give you the same quality of render or modelling as 3DS. It also takes a lot of time, patience and practice to produce at the level that Thomas is producing. It's like asking da Vinci if a paint-by-numbers kit would do the same.

Thomas is a true artist. And I, having recently entered the 3D realm in my job, am truly in awe.

Christian,

It's been a while since we were last in touch, and I recently found your e-mail address had changed. I need to pass along an inquiry regarding your Titanic artwork. Drop me a line on the board here or toss an e-mail to my Yahoo account.

Back