A Skull was spotted in the D-Deck Reception Room. (2001 dive)

In Charles Pelligrino's "Farewell Titanic: Her Final Legacy," Pelligrino, Don Lynch, Ken Marschall, (and another guy, can't remember his name, but it was a Russian scientist) were reviewing the R.O.V Elwood's video. Elwood was in the Reception Room at the time. Then, Pelligrino cries out, and sees the side profile of a skull. Don Lynch goes back in the tape, and Pelligrino points out the brow ridge and (I think) the jawline. the Russian scientist agrees with Pelligrino, as do Lynch and Marschall.

As this was in 2001, the skull is most likely gone. His reasoning was that when the Grand Staircase broke loose, the bodies were scattered throughout the nearby rooms and corridors of the grand Staircase. I think its possible they were from the men who tried to open the D-Deck door. They were never found.

In Pelligrino's defense, he seems to be more creative, "stretching" the truth, in things that he had no involvment. He does not seem like the man who woul say a bull-faced lie, about other people, who could easily discredit his claim.

Thoughts?

I think it was his "Ghost's" book from about 20 years ago that a brouhaha developed over some of the stuff in it but that's about all I remember. I just know that others disputed some of his writings. As for the skull I have heard about that but not aware it was ever actually confirmed. Hard to tell. Could be like the face on Mars. Need more angles to prove or disprove.
5f1dd9ce4838b2797478a96154b322ba.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't know there was an image of it!
My poor attempt to outline it:
1600862771428.png

I want to get his "Ghosts of the Titanic" on amazon, but the book costs $26. But yet I got his "Farewell Titanic: Her final legacy" for $20.
The best part is you can get "Her name, Titanic" for $8 on Amazon.
Anyway, thanks Steven!

1. Own Charles Pelligrino's Books "Ghosts of the Titanic" or "Farewell Titanic: Her Final Legacy" (I own this one)
2. Go to the Discovery of the Wreck> Bodies near or on the Wrecksite. There are multiple threads about the bodies.

I do not think that is the only evidence of remains on the titanic. I saw this picture and I think I see bones. ( I am probably grasping at straws at this point.)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 12.08.21 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 12.08.21 PM.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 741
  • Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 12.08.13 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 12.08.13 PM.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,100
Yes you're right. We know this isn't the only remains, there's a whole field of shoes and clothes and stuff, I think. And, in the same book I read, they found a finger bone in a soup tureen.

Back