If there are any human remains in the wreck where do you think they are

There is a shot in "Titanic" (1997) which shows what appears to be the china head of of a doll in the silt on the ocean floor . Is this a different article or could it had been identified as a human skull ? Maybe this scene could have been CGI.

Which brings up a question. Were china articles, such as the doll's head impervious to the acidic effects of dissolving on human bones ?

quote:

There is a shot in "Titanic" (1997) which shows what appears to be the china head of of a doll in the silt on the ocean floor.

That shot was actually filmed in a water tank in Baja, Mexico, which may have been done to resemble the doll face that Robert Ballard discovered in the debris field in 1986, during one of the first dives. When Ballard first saw it, he thought it was a human head, but upon closer inspection it turned out to be a doll's head.

quote:

Were china articles, such as the doll's head impervious to the acidic effects of dissolving on human bones ?

It appears that way, since quite a bit of the china artifacts that have been salvaged over the years are in relatively good condition, with the exception of the ones that were damaged or broken during the sinking. The image of the dishes stacked neatly together (which used to be on a wooden sideboard, but has been eaten away long ago) in the debris field from Ballard's first book on the Titanic comes to mind.

Having said that, the micro eating bacteria is not attracted to certain things, such as the china or leather for that matter.​

My personal hunch is boiler room 4, which flooded with people inside. I would also have said the Marconi room, as Bride and Philips attacked someone who was stealing one of their lifejackets and they left him for dead - but I gather no human remains have been found there.

For some reason, I think Annie Isham may also have been in her cabin when the ship went down, as no-one saw her that night. Just an idea though!

Cheers

Paul
Deep down in the Boiler Rooms. Under coal, silt, and debris...

Back