How many dogs?

TitanicNerd, if you have 10 (or 12) specific dogs in mind, please list them so that others who are interested in this can address the subject. Or is this just a guess on your part?

Please note, too, that I have changed the title of this thread so that it's now grammatically correct.

List of all the dogs I can find:

-Breed: Airedale. Name: Kitty
-Breed: French Bulldog. Name: Gamin De Pycombe
-Breed: Chow. Name: Unknown.
-Breed: King Charles Spaniel. Name: Unknown
-Breed: Pekingese. Name: Sun Yat Sen
-Breed: Pomeranian. Name: Unknown
-Breed: Unknown, maybe a Fox Terrier. Name: Unknown
-Breed: Unknown, Small White Dog. Name: Unknown.

8 dogs in total, but I read on a website it's either 10-12. Anyone got some evidence or something?

List of all the dogs I can find:
-Breed: Unknown, maybe a Fox Terrier. Name: Unknown
-Breed: Unknown, Small White Dog. Name: Unknown.

8 dogs in total, but I read on a website it's either 10-12. Anyone got some evidence or something?

Where did you have this from, especially the "small white dog"???

There had been 10 or even 11 dogs (if it is true that the Astors had 2 dogs) on board. 3 of them were taken with their owners into the lifeboats.

Helen Dickinson Bishop (First Class) had a dog on the ship called "Freu Freu".

There were kennels on board the ship which - supposedly - were unlocked as the ship went down so as to give the dogs a chance to escape and not go down locked in a cage, but aside from that, i'm not sure of an exact number.

Cheers,
Adam.

A good source is information is the ET forum, which has 16 (correction - now 17) threads of debate about Titanic's dogs. And it's very easy to get there from here.

Helen Dickinson Bishop (First Class) had a dog on the ship called "Freu Freu".

From what I have seen so far the dog was called Frou-Frou.

There were kennels on board the ship which - supposedly - were unlocked as the ship went down so as to give the dogs a chance to escape and not go down locked in a cage, but aside from that, i'm not sure of an exact number.

Several dogs were taken by their owners into their cabins like the Bishops did.

Back