The Ugly Ships of Today

I like the old ships that had a nice and ornate vibe to them that made the outsides of them just look like they are just drawing you inward and you feel the delights to go in because they are nice and warm and cozy. The new ships today just plain out detours me away from them. They all follow the same certain vibe that makes me wonder if I am going to be on a thing that was made to go and poke Cthulhu's eyes out? or what? and the interior is just wayyy to modern. Yes there is much fun stuff to do on board the ships of today but considering I am a antique lover. I would rather be on a ship that is a beautiful piece of artwork rather than some speed boat made to go and poke poor ole Cthuluhu's eyes out.

What all of today's hideous, rigidly linear wedding cake ships lack above all is what made older vessels gorgeous: sheer. Sheer being that sinuous but graceful, sleek curvature extending along the length of a ship's main deck and followed by all of her other design elements. Sheer is what made those older ships look as if they were moving even when they weren't underway.

I agree, cruise ships nowadays look like apartment blocks why can there not be 'classic ' liners around :(

[Moderator's note: This message has been moved from a thread where it responded to an isolated comment unrelated to the subject of that thread to this thread devoted entirely to the subject. MAB]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back