Titanic Memorial Cruise

In earlier posts, I noticed some people werent wanting to book a cabin on the memorial cruise because of the price issue. That currently is my problem because I would be traveling by myself. Is any one is interested in sharing a room to make the price half way cheaper? I would much rather go with another Titanic follower. I am dedicated to go on the cruise, but I am not some rich kid that can just drop that kind of money on the spot!

just curious, it says that it will be sailing to the spot of the wreck, will it run into the other memorial cruise ship? (i know it probably will) but just thought id ask. and how long will the ship be at this spot? from 1140 to 220 or until the next day anyway. just curious =)

The itinerary calls for the Journey to be on site from mid-morning April 13 until mid-afternoon April 15. The Balmoral's schedule calls for it to be there from 4 PM on the 14th until 4 AM on the 15th. The Journey's schedule will depend on the weather and sea conditions at the site, of course. The Journey, with the partner expedition ship, will be there when the Balmoral arrives.

This cruise offers things the other does not. They are retracing Titanic's route, which in a way would be an awesome trip. However living in North America, your costs would be even higher because you have to fly to Heathrow then take the train down to Southampton. One of our passengers priced the UK trip as high as $12,000 for just her, counting plane flights, etc. She can fly from Ohio to Boston, and back, and take a cab to the terminal and back for less than $250. That makes the US trip MUCH cheaper.

The US trip offers the expedition, the wreath laying memorial service, the Third Class Revelry Sessions, and much more! I hope you decide to be on the ship with the US group!

Oh most definitely. I priced the trip as well and it was about $12500 as well. I would have to win the powerball for that! As far as weather goes, (excluding hurricanes. ;) ) would the ship still travel to the site, just not do the submersible expedition? I don't know if I really worded that correctly!

our plan at this point is to be on site from the 13th-15th. With unsafe seas, we may have to modify the sailing to be at the site for a limited time on the 14th, late. The ROV cannot launch in really rough seas, but a large ship can handle moderate seas better than an smaller expedition ship. The Captain will make the decision. He knows the importance of this trip, and will, as long as all passengers are completely safe, have us there. The good news is that April is wayyyyy too early for hurricanes - we're safe from that threat!

Bill, one of the other Listmembers may, also, wish to go on that voyage. He could join in the discussions, as he, like Tarn, had worked at one to the Exhibits.

I can check to see if he is willing to contact a single male traveler, and share a cabin.

From CruiseIndustryNews:

9/17/10 - Charter for "Titantic 2012" On Azamara Journey
quote:

Willtiger Corporation and Azamara Club Cruises are proud to announce Voyages! Titanic 2012, a once-in-a-lifetime experience aboard Azamara Journey commemorating the historic maiden trans-Atlantic voyage of the RMS Titanic.
More at http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/4486-91710-charter-for-qtitantic-2012q-on-azamara-journey.html

Comment: I think we know somebody mentioned in this article!
wink.gif

We'd love to have everyone go with us! With just around 300 cabins left, and with the world-wide press release, there has been tremendous interest already. Emails to the website are numerous, calls to Azamara have been plentiful even though they aren't booking the trip, and over 4600 hits on the webpage after 2:00 PM yesterday. We have single-traveling males looking for someone to split a cabin with, and single-traveling females, too.

Back