This is the final installment of this series on Titanic. The compilation was suggested by the folks at Marmoset Toolbag when I did a breakdown article for them on the first of the clips...the last part is new and was done for this compilation;
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/e0Pd1P
Feedback is welcome BTW, I'm moving on to other Titanic modelling projects but I'd like to know if there are any glaring inaccuracies.

First off, i love the reference to the doc The Nightmare and the Dream.

Second, this is one of the finest things i have ever scene come out of the Titanic Community, the detail and the views are things i have dreamed about for years. The love and care really shine well, while its a shame that this is the end of the road for the Stern, i eagerly wait for the next project!

That Angus filter is rad. I’ve always wanted to see more stern footage. I understand it’s dangerous exploring there, but it seems every documentary heads straight to the bow railing instead of showing something new.

First off, i love the reference to the doc The Nightmare and the Dream.

Second, this is one of the finest things i have ever scene come out of the Titanic Community, the detail and the views are things i have dreamed about for years. The love and care really shine well, while its a shame that this is the end of the road for the Stern, i eagerly wait for the next project!

Cheers for the encouraging comments! There really is something about that documentary that captures the excitement and drama of those early days of discovery. I was 11 when she was found and 12 when this doc aired. I watched it boggle eyed and the music nailed it. But...even this left the stern relatively neglected and that's a trend that hasn't improved. It's a part of the ship that may disappear before we bget a true feel for what happened to it...

That Angus filter is rad. I’ve always wanted to see more stern footage. I understand it’s dangerous exploring there, but it seems every documentary heads straight to the bow railing instead of showing something new.

Cheers Kurt...yes! I really think that the stern is neglected and one of the sad effects of this neglect has been - I think - to de-mystify the bow to the extent that it's becoming mundane. There's so much to learn from and about the stern and time is running out to do it.

I wouldn’t say I’m bored with seeing footage of the bow section, but the forecastle and anchors haven’t changed much since ‘85, and it’s what always gets focused on. I’ve always wanted to see more shots of the rudder and surrounding areas near the prop. Ken Marschall said in ‘01 they could make out a few ‘LIVERPOOL’ letters.

Stern wreck photogrammetry...wanted to through a bit of light on the stern with these images...

Attachments

• TitanicStern_Sampler__Camera 6.jpg
    TitanicStern_Sampler__Camera 6.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 132
  • TitanicStern_Sampler__Camera 6_004.jpg
    TitanicStern_Sampler__Camera 6_004.jpg
    691.4 KB · Views: 107
  • TitanicStern_Sampler__Camera 6_007.jpg
    TitanicStern_Sampler__Camera 6_007.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 106
Back