Real Time Sinking With Interiors

Threw this together audio wise really quickly so its pretty sloppy, Takes place as the ship is starting to heel to port and due to me skipping the beginning of the animation the sparks are somewhat out of sync and there is a random water fall as its meant for the dome to implode, and of course the brightness is messed up

So i have the animation rendering for about 13 hours now and im at the 1 hour & 40 min mark now, il have to redo some shots of the reception room due to the sparks being triggered for some reason
NightTime_Sequence.0000.jpg
NightTime_Sequence.19402.jpg
NightTime_Sequence.37361.jpg
NightTime_Sequence.59633.jpg
NightTime_Sequence.88366.jpg
NightTime_Sequence.127883.jpg
NightTime_Sequence.136505.jpg
NightTime_Sequence.142965.jpg
NightTime_Sequence.160213.jpg
NightTime_Sequence.166678.jpg

well 24 hours later, nearly 200 GB in pictures its done rendering, there are already things i want to change but here is a quick preview of the last 20 min (just lazily threw in the H&G sounds so it was not dead air) and i already want to slightly want to change the dome scene, but im not happy with how the angles turned out on anything past the dome implosion, any ideas on better angles? maybe a shot going threw the ship on a deck?
Real-Time Titanic Animation.mp4

Lighting in the pictures is looking good in my opinion. Colour temperature looks about right as do the levels of illumination. Going off the measurements posted in the other thread the general light levels were quite dark, especially by modern standards.

Lighting in the pictures is looking good in my opinion. Colour temperature looks about right as do the levels of illumination. Going off the measurements posted in the other thread the general light levels were quite dark, especially by modern standards.

Thanks! We also have to remember that i had to set shadows to low mode due to the fact its crazy having thousands of lights from my computer on high settings :rolleyes::oops:

So if you press "K", does your character just keel over or does he run towards the stern and threaten to jump off?
Haha good one, what happened was i got a new water shader and in the package they have a level that has it programmed for this guy to react to water physics ect and that was already there, i cant seem to figure out how to remove it

Well outside of early tests in the H&G team, i think im one of the first people since 1997 to be on a fairly accurate sinking of the last 20 miniutes of the Titanic, and man does this ship take forever to sinko_O If this early test is anything, that Lusitania game might actually happen;)
Screenshot (51).png
Screenshot (52).png
Screenshot (53).png
Screenshot (54).png

As a question with everyone, would anyone be interested with trying it out if i released it?
Well outside of early tests in the H&G team, i think im one of the first people since 1997 to be on a fairly accurate sinking of the last 20 miniutes of the Titanic, and man does this ship take forever to sinko_O If this early test is anything, that Lusitania game might actually happen;)

It would be interesting if you did release a Interactive Lusitania video game as the closest anyone's got to being on her is in Virtual Sailor and in that you fly though decks and you have to modify the games / ship's file to make her sink. Although I don't know how difficult it would be to optimise it for multiple computers.

The Titanic one also looks very fun as well (meaning to run around it and the water graphics above look great), However it might be difficult to stop non-Titanic people assuming you're copying Honor and Glory and you need to make sure the interior has no major glitches as this could lead to some backlash.

I say backlash because a while back, there was a game released called "Fall of the Titanic" which allowed the player to roam around it in free roam and while it was sinking. Unfortunately it was poorly optimised and inaccurate which led to it being heavy criticised (See example below).

It's definitely an interesting idea, but given how intensive it might be to implement it (unless you just need to copy or modify your existing simulations, I not a video games expert) the decision should't be taken lightly.

Nevertheless good work!

It would be interesting if you did release a Interactive Lusitania video game as the closest anyone's got to being on her is in Virtual Sailor and in that you fly though decks and you have to modify the games / ship's file to make her sink. Although I don't know how difficult it would be to optimise it for multiple computers.

The Titanic one also looks very fun as well (meaning to run around it and the water graphics above look great), However it might be difficult to stop non-Titanic people assuming you're copying Honor and Glory and you need to make sure the interior has no major glitches as this could lead to some backlash.

I say backlash because a while back, there was a game released called "Fall of the Titanic" which allowed the player to roam around it in free roam and while it was sinking. Unfortunately it was poorly optimised and inaccurate which led to it being heavy criticised (See example below).

It's definitely an interesting idea, but given how intensive it might be to implement it (unless you just need to copy or modify your existing simulations, I not a video games expert) the decision should't be taken lightly.

Nevertheless good work!

That's exactly what i thought as well, I think if im to do anything it will be a very exclusive release. It would be a hidden link with a password on the zip file you have to get from me and only released on the forums, These titles would also never be optimized but judging from early tests i did on my mid range PC, i think if you have a I5 or better then no issues should be have with the Lusitania, Titanic and lights might be another story though. I would never want to hurt H&G chances as im just as passionate as them on the Titanic

Back