Real Time Sinking With Interiors

The hidden password could work provided it didn't get passed down to those who weren't intended to get it (I remember someone got the key to Demo 3 despite T:H&G attempts to stop them :().

Maybe to improve your chances of releasing your simulations and /or gaining publicity, you could give a key or demo to Daniel Smith (AKA Spammals*, the Youtube Gamer / Titanic Historian who's actually worked with Titanic: Honor & Glory on making Southampton Docks) to review and bring to the community's attention. Someone else already did for their demo.

*If you already know about him, I stop referencing him. Sorry.

No problem, we all know Spammals one way or another

In my mind that would be the opposite of what i would want, 1. It would make it more known to the H&G team and could cause them to be bitter 2. Would cause more attention and more likely people would want it, i would like to keep it in this community if i can help it 3.I dont think it would be worthy of that kind of attention

Sp here is a update and a plan of attack
1. I will release the Render i did earlier and release it as a stand alone release, with a warning that a better one is in the works
2. Been redoing the interiors and making it look a million times better with better editing and lots of furniture everywhere
3. Re structure how i will do the next render, im going to do it like the 97 film with the main exterior model, but unlike before only have enough interiors for porthole to be filled ect. This will dramatically reduce the processing power needed and allow better flexibility flood times instead of a big model that floods where the water hits, so each deck will be its own scene and say if im showing F Deck D,C,B,A ect will not be there
Screenshot (61).png
Screenshot (62).png
Screenshot (63).png
Screenshot (64).png
Screenshot (65).png

TBH i lazily threw together the audio due to im completely redoing this due to the amount of model and historical issues/errors. I might release it to the public but not sure if its good enough

I propose once more, that you ought to get in touch with the H&G dev team and bring this contribution to their table -- they would benefit from your (undoubtedly fresh) perspective on the manner in which Titanic sank.

I propose once more, that you ought to get in touch with the H&G dev team and bring this contribution to their table -- they would benefit from your (undoubtedly fresh) perspective on the manner in which Titanic sank.
Thanks but the H&G team have respectively said that they require no help at the moment and do not wish to take on anyone else. Not to mention my work and skills area garbage compared to their work

Will be super interesting to see in the coming months how much i have improved since this first use of UE4, int terms of model quality and me knowing how to program textures and lights far better. Not to mention knowing how to program other mis things to improve performance and having a far greater understanding of the sinking since then

It seems its been a while since this thread was updated. Im extremely impressed by what you have here, and I was wondering if there was any news on this being released as a hidden file. If nothing else I really think this could be an interesting way to wander the ship and gain perspective on various events, something that I have really wanted to do for a VERY long time. I have been waiting for Honor and Glory to come out since before I graduated high school, and now I'm married and living 1700 miles from where I grew up. If there is ANY chance of this being "released" I would be EXTREMELY interested in checking it out.

Thank you for the support, this demo/animation is at the moment, no longer being worked on. But the good news is that something better is being worked on! Keep a eye out for something by H&G coming in the near future

Back